questions on marcie. pls help..

raindrops

Jun 29, 2009
hi...
i am looking to buy my first chloe and have decided on a marcie :smile: just a couple of questions i have and i hope some kind ppl could help ... would be good to see some modeling pics as well :P haven found that many in the forum

1. does all sizes comes w a cross body strap?

2. cheaper to buy in italy , london or paris? or anywhere else?

3. anyone can gimme an indication of retail prices for the various size?

TIA!!:smile::smile:

Hi,

You've made a great choice for your first Chloe. Marcie is such a gorgeous looking and user-friendly style - I highly recommend it :tup: !

You can find quite a few Marcie modelling pics in the 'All about Marcie' reference thread ( including my pics as seen in post #21 wearing my chocolate suede medium version).

In terms of your specific questions:

1.I think it's only the Medium Marcies ( sometimes confusingly called the 'Small' Marcie) that have the cross body strap, but I'm pretty sure the shoulder strap isn't standard on all the various versions & sizes of this style.

2.No idea where would be the cheapest place to buy a Marcie. I would imagine that the prices are set by Chloe so would be fairly similar in most worldwide authorised retailers. You may find the bags cheaper on-line somewhere, but if you go down this route always get bags authenticated before purchase.

3. My medium size Marcie cost £1075. For comparative prices on other sizes, check out the Chloe section of www.net-a-porter.com who are an authorised retailer and usually have a good selection of Marcies for sale.

Hope that helps ( a bit :biggrin: !)

Hi,

Medium Marcie does come with strap or without strap...depend how tall you are,and how much capacity you want to put in the bag,...small Marcie or messenger is smaller look cute the other hand it is not easy to open or close the bag special u take it to shopping....messenger is nice shape in closing.....

I think Mirrander Kerr has messenger....look stunning on her..

Good luck

i'm also a first time marcie buyer. i am just confused with the colors of 2012. is the poppy a bright red or is a little bit of the coral/orangey side? i really want something red and not orangey. have not seen a poppy in person only in websites and they kind of differ. pls help!

i'm also a first time marcie buyer. i am just confused with the colors of 2012. is the poppy a bright red or is a little bit of the coral/orangey side? i really want something red and not orangey. have not seen a poppy in person only in websites and they kind of differ. pls help!

Hi there,

Wow in poppy color will be stunning....sometimes from website the color little different than we see in person...my opinion go to the store ....see the color in person ....touch that leather ....or ask the assistant for some opinion in color....good luck...don't forget to post your new Marcie picture....;)

natslynk, did you end up getting the poppy? i've settled on marcie large hobo as my first Chloe and am nutting out colors and wondered the same thing about what kind of red poppy is? I have no access to view Chloes IRL and am therefore relegated to online shopping and the discrepancies with colors on screen!

natslynk, did you end up getting the poppy? i've settled on marcie large hobo as my first Chloe and am nutting out colors and wondered the same thing about what kind of red poppy is? I have no access to view Chloes IRL and am therefore relegated to online shopping and the discrepancies with colors on screen!

hi, i ended up getting the light gray marcie. i'm totally happy and in love with it! it's such a nice neutral color that goes well with most of my clothes. turns out the poppy had orangey tones and was not the true red i wanted. my friend saw it irl in hawaii and told me that if it was a lipstick red that i wanted, this bag wasn't the one. nevertheless, all's well that ends well! :graucho:

hi, i ended up getting the light gray marcie. i'm totally happy and in love with it! it's such a nice neutral color that goes well with most of my clothes. turns out the poppy had orangey tones and was not the true red i wanted. my friend saw it irl in hawaii and told me that if it was a lipstick red that i wanted, this bag wasn't the one. nevertheless, all's well that ends well! :graucho:
How absolutely divine Natslynk - is the light grey the one called Dove? Congrats on your purchase! I was looking at Dove until I read in the forums that its not white like it appears to be. thanks for the info on the poppy - i def don't want orangey tones, so that sorts it out. I think in light of Dove not being white I am going to go the Royal Blue that is on Saks website and hope that its not navy!