Questions on a Birkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABACOHOPE

O.G.
Sep 28, 2006
ok so I got a Birkin bag from my dad for christmas....Im a little suspicious (not of his intentions - im thinking he was duped) but something doesnt seem quite right and rather than seem ungrateful and interrogating him i was hoping i could clear this up here by asking a few initial questions before i start posting pics
1) can the hardware on the bottom of the bag be unscrewed on an authentic bag
2) the number on the keys match the number on the lock however it does not say HErmes anywhere on the key. Is this a sign of fake?

also on a side note - i have heard that the bags go through an acceptance process and those that do not make the cut are sent to an incinerator but often times they are "caught" before their doom and are then sold as authentic bags. any truth to this?

thanks so much

ok so I got a Birkin bag from my dad for christmas....Im a little suspicious (not of his intentions - im thinking he was duped) but something doesnt seem quite right and rather than seem ungrateful and interrogating him i was hoping i could clear this up here by asking a few initial questions before i start posting pics
1) can the hardware on the bottom of the bag be unscrewed on an authentic bag
2) the number on the keys match the number on the lock however it does not say HErmes anywhere on the key. Is this a sign of fake?

also on a side note - i have heard that the bags go through an acceptance process and those that do not make the cut are sent to an incinerator but often times they are "caught" before their doom and are then sold as authentic bags. any truth to this?

thanks so much

Hi, I think the best is to ask for authentication here: http://forum.purseblog.com/authenticate-this-hermes/authenticate-hermes-bag-please-read-rules-use-format-654198.html#post17650429

(thread is in the Hermes forum, see first post for info and pics to add)

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.