**Questions from a Noob!**

Tracy

shallowly obsessing
O.G.
Sep 30, 2007
Hi, everyone! I'm new to BE and the BE subforum. I have been a devoted Coach fan for many years and now I'm trying to branch out to new designers. I've been checking out Rebecca Minkoff and Belen Echandia.

What I love about Coach is the leather,workmanship and affordability, I seem to have found that in RM and BE.

Please bear w/ me. I have searched for my answers......but didn't find many. So, I'm sorry if this info has been posted already. Please feel free to link me to the info!

First of all, how do you pronounce Belen Echandia?
Are there any online stores other than BE and museten.com that sell BE?
Where did the Love Me Midi come from?? Is it new? When will it be available online? I am assuming it's a size in between the LM and the LMM???
I really love :love:the LM, but it may be too big for me, I'm 5'2.
Hmmmm, I think that's it.
I really appreciate your help!:flowers:

Hi Nola,

The midi was a 'bespoke' or special order coordinated by lovebags2 with several BE TPF ladies. They wanted to create a smaller, everyday version of the LM.

If you're petite, you may find the LM too big although some people really love the larger size. I think it's perfect for work or as a larger tote.

I don't have an LMM but several other ladies do and can give you their opinions.

I, too, love Coach leather, and I have to say that BE leather is so amazing. These bags are very well made and are gorgeous without being conspicuous.

If you have specific questions about availability, you should contact Jackie directly via email. She is very responsive and helpful in guiding you to what would work best.

I warn you..it will be an addiciton!

Welcome, nolarice!

I have no clue how to pronounce Belen Echandia....I took French in school, so I'm sure my accent is in all the wrong places, but maybe someone who is fluent/knowledable in Spanish can help! We refer to it as BE here because typing all those letters out is a bit of a hassle and the "Echandia" always reminds me of enchiladas (yummy!)!

Right now, museten.com seems to have the largest online selection, but some other gals in the Boston area found a boutique (Stitch) that will accept phone orders. Nicole (?) there is very helpful and can try to let you know her inventory. Cindy at museten is very nice. And I believe there is a UK group (gladrags and handbags or something?) that also has a selection of slightly older styles. But Jackie seems to offer the widest selection and frankly, since she is so attuned to her customers, it's really a treat to work with her and Ashley, her "right hand woman". She offers free shipping to the US if you mention you are a tPF member during her non-sale periods.

I think Tejasmama already answered the midi question best....

I'm 5'2" (though I'm not quite as slender as Tejasmama!) and I don't find the Love Me to be too overwhelming. I don't normally do large bags, but I think the LM is proportioned well for even short gals. When you first get it, it seems huge, but as you use it and it breaks in, the bag really molds well to your body.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate your responses.
So do you think they will put the midi into production?
Enchandia reminds me of enchiladas too......yum!
I read about Stitch in another thread and I am in MA and are familiar w/ Andover (where the store is), it is kinda far but, that may be a good option to see the bags IRL.
Thanks for the tips!:flowers:

Someone just posted that the Midi size will be in the 09 production line. There is a new fall bag that is coming out called the Take Me Everywhere Midi and the dimensions of that bag are the same as the LM midi. They also look very similar.

I have 2 LMM and I love them. They are a great size for a small bag.