QUESTIONS FOR RM MAVEN- please address....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, is there any special leather care required for really high temperatures like 45 C or more? Summer is just sround the corner for me!

I have a question, is there any special leather care required for really high temperatures like 45 C or more? Summer is just sround the corner for me!

Heheh....it gets that hot where I live, too. I think tops last year was 121 F. :shocked: So I'd be curious to know if there are special "guidelines". Well, besides not leaving your bag in a hot car!

Hi RM Maven,

Thank you so much for answering our questions and being such a great resource to us! We really do appreciate it!!

I just have a quick question about discount codes to online retailers, is it true that you guys are cracking down on that, and that soon we won't be able to use any codes for RM purchases? Also, if it is true is there anything you guys are thinking of as a special discount for TPF members?

Thank you very much :flowers:

Thanks Maven!

Regarding the Gold Crackle bottom on some of your bags... you didn't mention whether it was safe to Apple Garde it or if it should remain untouched. Have you tested it at all?

Also, many ladies on the board have reported the inside stuffing of their handles coming 'separated' or loose. Have you been able to deal with this issue in your newer bags (new hardware and such), and if not, do you plan to do anything about it in the future?

Thanks!

RM Maven: can you please address this if possible?! I have a MAM that I just adore and this is going on with one of my handles. I am hoping that the leather will not tear and this can be possibly fixed!! Could you do a repair on these if needed? Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions!! It is appreciated!!:flowers::flowers:

I'm glad the stuffing issue with the handles hasn't happened to any of my RM's yet, but I'll be on the lookout for it now. I never put a ton in my bag anyway, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Hi RM MAVEN,
What if you have never heard back from Catalina? I emailed her a couple times this week but have not heard back from her..just wondering if there is someone else that I can contact...

I know a few others had questions as well, I'm addressing those here.
If some of your questions haven't been answered yet, be patient I'm working on them! :smile:

Here's the answers to some of your other questions:

"When can we expect to see the 'Night' colored Elisha strap on the website?"
You can order this through Catalina.

Someone asked about the RM stamp on the side of the Matinee pocket and whether on not it was a sample.
It was a gift given to attendees for our Matinee event.

I'm glad the stuffing issue with the handles hasn't happened to any of my RM's yet, but I'll be on the lookout for it now. I never put a ton in my bag anyway, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

I honestly don't carry that much stuff in my MAM. Just a wallet, makeup pouch, eyeglasses w/case, keys, phone and sunglasses. I hope that small amount of stuff wouldn't cause this to happen. And I am really careful with my bags, no tossing around or anything.
I've only had it since Septmeber 07 and I haven't carried it every day so it's still in great shape.
I've read where people on here carry all their daily needs plus a pair of shoes in their MAB so I believe they are pretty sturdy bags!;)

ps paintednightsky...I'll never fill up that MAB! haha!

Hi RM Maven,

Thank you so much for answering our questions and being such a great resource to us! We really do appreciate it!!

I just have a quick question about discount codes to online retailers, is it true that you guys are cracking down on that, and that soon we won't be able to use any codes for RM purchases? Also, if it is true is there anything you guys are thinking of as a special discount for TPF members?

Thank you very much :flowers:

Great question and I would like to know the answer to this as well...

Sorry, I forgot to mention in my prior post regarding the glazed leather treatment... would you please comment on whether it's just the rain/stain repellent that's needed, or if conditioner is required as well?

Thank you much!

Status
Not open for further replies.