QUESTIONS FOR RM MAVEN- please address....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RM Maven,

I have a question regarding the in store sample sale (I live near NYC). Will there be actual samples or one of a kind bags at the sale? Will there be a large selection of handbags at the in store sale, or will it be better to order a bag by phone first? Thanks!!!

Hi RM Maven

Just wondering if you can reassess the costs of shipping internationally.

$95US is quite high IMO particularly when i have had other high end bags shipped to me for $50US. I have just ordered my first RM bag and paid the $95 for shipping but the thought of paying this amount every time is making me think twice about ordering bags from the RM website. It will limit the quantity of bags i buy and will force me to look to other avenues like fleebay.

I have also read of another TPF'er paying $95 for shipping when the postage costs stated $36..surely the handling costs are not $59!!

Anyway please dont forgot your international TPF'ers, I would love to buy more RM bags and show them off in Australia..i am sure i would be the envy of many.

Please help!!!!

^^I've heard that the $95 also covers the cost of customs? If thats the case, then the charges are about right. Insuring a $600 bag costs about $20 itself thru USPS alone, and customs on a $600 bag i presume are outrageous. Everytime i send international, the buyer ALWAYS ask me to declare a value of $50 to save them money... but its risky doing it that way, because if a bag gets lost, then i'm screwed out of an expensive bag, and the money!

^^I've heard that the $95 also covers the cost of customs? If thats the case, then the charges are about right. Insuring a $600 bag costs about $20 itself thru USPS alone, and customs on a $600 bag i presume are outrageous. Everytime i send international, the buyer ALWAYS ask me to declare a value of $50 to save them money... but its risky doing it that way, because if a bag gets lost, then i'm screwed out of an expensive bag, and the money!

Whose customs are we talking about?

In Australia you dont pay customs unless the item costs more than $1000AUD. Do you pay customs in the US for sending an item???

Status
Not open for further replies.