Questions for Raspail owners!

Serenedee

Apr 15, 2012
I've been absent from the forum for awhile as I have been dealing with my father who is very ill. My sweet husband gave me the thumbs up to go and get a new bag to help lift my spirit. I originally had my heart set on the Neverfull GM, which I previously had and sold, but a few other bags have caught my attention. One is the Raspail MM. I've watched YT reviews and this bag is GORGEOUS!
So for those of you that have this bag, what do you love about it? Is it comfortable to carry? Are there any issues with colour transfer from the inside lining? I LOVE the color!!!
Are there any cons to this bag?
I need a large tote as I carry my life around with me on a daily basis. I have no preference for open or zip top although the zip closure on the Raspail is a bonus!
My current collection consists of:
Speedy 35 mono
Speedy 35 DE
Neverfull MM DE
Artsy mm mono
Artsy mm Azur

Had and sold Neverfull mono GM ( regret that one!), and Delightfull mm

I texted my SA and she sent me pics of a few of the new releases. The only one that somewhat interests me is the Voltaire, however I don't think it will be large enough.

Ok Raspail owners go!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your father's illness, I hope he will regain his health soon.

I love my NF, so my vote is for the NF GM. I would love a mon mono NF GM!

Hello Love - sorry meant to post yesterday but must have gotten busy. First I am very sorry to hear about your Father and my prayers are with you and your family.

I do not have the Raspail but was looking at purchasing last month before I decided on the Totally MM DE. Have you been in to physically see the Raspail - I mean touch and hold? I ask because I have and I have to tell you I was not impressed with this bag at all - definitely one of LV's lowest quality bag to me. The bag does not even stand up to the other Mono bags I have owned and seen in the boutique. Even my SA was against me purchasing it. Please go in and compare to some other totes. Suggestions below.

Palermo
Estrela
Totally
Neverfull
Wilshire

Thanks for your responses ladies. The Palermo is one that I've had my eye on. My only concern is the vachetta piping. I prefer minimal vachetta, hence my preference towards the Neverfull and Raspail.

I'm meeting with my SA tomorrow night so I will see which bag works better for me. My gut is telling me to go with the Neverfull, as for me, it's the one 'that got away' :smile:

Thanks for your responses ladies. The Palermo is one that I've had my eye on. My only concern is the vachetta piping. I prefer minimal vachetta, hence my preference towards the Neverfull and Raspail.

I'm meeting with my SA tomorrow night so I will see which bag works better for me. My gut is telling me to go with the Neverfull, as for me, it's the one 'that got away' :smile:

I've always quite liked the Palermo but always see them preloved in poor condition as regards the leather piping and it puts me off a bit. I know that it does depend on the owner and how it's cared for though. But I'd absolutely go for the neverfull, there's no comparison IMO. I owned the mm and sold it. It's the only bag I've ever truly regretted selling but didn't want to pay full price for another and can't see to find a preloved one at a fair price. So I understand how you feel about it being 'the one that got away'. Raspail just doesn't do it for me, especially after seeing it in person. But for some, it's their favourite tote! Definitely worth doing a comparison. Good luck and keep us updated! X

Last edited:
I'm going tonight after work and my SA has put aside a few bags for me. I don't know how I am going to get through the day! Too excited as I haven't made a purchase since last September!
I will post my reveal tonight. :smile:

I had the Raspail PM and loved it. Great size, love that it can be zipped,or unzipped at the top. Love,the interior color and the rolled handles are very comfortable either hand held or on the shoulder. Actually no cons at all. I think the Raspail is an under rated bag. I love it.