Questions for Patent Leather owners

CravingCoach

ƇѓaVÍʼnĜ ĆőĄçĦ™
O.G.
Oct 5, 2010
Hi Patent Leather Owners! I have found a Poppy Grape Ice Jazzy that I have on hold. I have a few questions about patent leather before I say "swipe my card" I have never owned anything that was patent leather before. From the looks of it, it looks quite stiff. Does it soften over time? Will it crinkle, or bend? Will it survive the cold Saskatchewan winter? I have a few purses that I will be changing every few days, so it won't be carried exclusively. I have also read a thread or two about peeling, and bending problems. Please feel free to offer any advice. Thank you in advance.

I have a few Coach patent bags. The leather itself isn't stiff unless the bag is a structured bag. (Even then, it's no more stiff than the regular leather counterpart.)

I love that I can take my patent out in the rain or whatever nasty weather without worrying about water spots. I love that it won't stain easily. I love that it doesn't have to be conditioned and stain guarded. It just needs to be wiped off if something gets on it.

I keep all of my bags stuffed when not in use so they don't crinkle or bend, so I can't speak for how they would handle being balled up and left in a corner for a few months. :smile:

As for the cold, I live in Ohio. It's not quite as cold here as it is where you are, but I've never had a problem with any of my bags in the cold. Then again, I don't leave anything in the car and I don't hang around outside in the cold more than I have to!

I have one patent bag, and it's the crinkle patent guava charm tote. I love it. I don't have to do anything but wipe it off, but I haven't really even had to do that yet. It has broken in really well, and it's soft and smells like leather. I also keep my bags stuffed when I'm not using them, so they all stay in excellent condition at all times. I have not had any problems with this bag wrinkling or peeling or bending. The only thing that's changed since I bought it is that it's broken in.

I have had several patent leather bags over the years and they always wear well. They can be quite supple and are easy to care for. They can definitely withstand the cold!

I live in New England, and have several patent bags. My patent Zoe is actually my "rain bag" because she handles bad weather so well! I sometimes leave my purse in my trunk when I am at work (I am a teacher), and I have never had a problem with any of my patent bags.

I love my patent bags, very easy to care for and you can take them out in bad weather and not have to worry. I think this is what I love the most about the patent bags.

I love my patent bags, very easy to care for and you can take them out in bad weather and not have to worry. I think this is what I love the most about the patent bags.
hiya Lucydee! I am carrying my Bronze studded Alexandra! The severe winter weather was one of my biggest concerns, for sure. That being said, I only carry my bags for short periods of time, then, when I am done my errands, they come into the house, to get put bag in their dust bag and wait to be used again.

I buy patent bags just to use in nasty weather. LOL!
For example, when I decided I wanted a Peyton Satchel, I knew how $$$ they were. So I decided to get the gray patent, that way I could carry it anytime, anywhere, anyweather!
It's my grab-bag, along with my mermaid spotlight, when I need to carry my notebooks to class during a rainstorm.
I use my Peyton more than any of my other bags, which is unusual (LOL), and "he" is holding up just fine. Maybe a little more crinkly than he was, but still beautiful and awesome! :love:

I have loads of patent bags and :heart: them. I live in NW Ohio and we can have 4 seasons in just 24-48 hour span of time. Uh, like this week for example. :biggrin:

Patent bags are great for just about any weather. I've never had any problems with peeling or cracking with the cold weather, but admittedly they do get a tad bit stiffer in the more extreme wintery days.

Some patents are more stiff than others. I have the Poppy grape ice patent wristlet and it is quite a bit stiffer than the Poppy fuchsia patent wristlet I own, but I'm hoping the grape ice will soften eventually.

Hi Patent Leather Owners! I have found a Poppy Grape Ice Jazzy that I have on hold. I have a few questions about patent leather before I say "swipe my card" I have never owned anything that was patent leather before. From the looks of it, it looks quite stiff. Does it soften over time? Will it crinkle, or bend? Will it survive the cold Saskatchewan winter? I have a few purses that I will be changing every few days, so it won't be carried exclusively. I have also read a thread or two about peeling, and bending problems. Please feel free to offer any advice. Thank you in advance.
I own the black patent leather Poppy Jazzy Hobo myself and haven't had any problems with the leather at all! It's a great bag! Congrats on your Poppy grape ice Jazzy Hobo. Have fun with it!

I own the black patent leather Poppy Jazzy Hobo myself and haven't had any problems with the leather at all! It's a great bag! Congrats on your Poppy grape ice Jazzy Hobo. Have fun with it!
thank you ladies, for your responses! I am excited to get this bag! I didn't think I cared for the Poppy line too much, but I could easily own several of the Jazzy bags-multiple colors, of course:biggrin: They look like they are a really nice size.

I'm in Toronto, where our winters are a damp cold unlike the dry cold of Saskatchewan. I have never had any problems with my patent bags. I like using them especially when it's wet outside (i.e. snow or rain) because I know it won't get damaged :smile:

If you decide to get your Poppy Jazzy, I hope you enjoy her :smile: