Questions for girls with side-swept bangs!

I don't and can't post pictures of myself here, but I just got side bangs too. They should be somewhat long as fabgrabs mentioned. I have a somewhat round face too but I'm not chubby, if that makes sense. I think it's really cute :smile:

i definately agree with what people are saying, don't touch them:P! i know it may be tempting, but try not to, this will make them oilier quicker. and personally i think most people can pull off bangs, it just depends on how you where, i however don't think everyone can pull off normal bangs, just because of the different shapes of peoples faces, but side bangs will normally look good on most people.

I am one of those girls that doesn't look good with bangs and doesn't look good with no bangs. So I keep them semi long and swept to the side. Most of the time they are in my face but I keep pushing them to the side.

Are the typical side swept bangs long enough to tuck behind the ear? I love the look but when I had it a couple years ago, it kept getting into my eyes. My bangs are currently long enough to tuck behind the ear but it doesn't look like side bangs anymore.

Also anyone who look good with side bangs and glasses? I found I look a little harsh when I had bangs and wear glasses, but it could've been those frames.

I just cut my own bangs by using the YouTube video http://youtube.com/watch?v=lF9MqPrVvDg and then this video to style http://youtube.com/watch?v=XF2fq0E6xgM

I watched it a gazillion times to make sure I got everything and this is the before and after:

This pic was taken in 2003 with straight bangs just for some reference:
l_b2ae4f7c7d41c4e2f2fd7a617e590fbd.jpg

Before the side swept cut:
DSC06925.JPG
me.jpg

and after: :woohoo:

l_b4fd344ccf5ecb6e674a29eb3b488cf8.jpg

I love them! AND SO DOES MY HUBBY :graucho:! :yahoo:

Last edited:
oh by the way ... I am growing my hair out still from this disastrous haircut I got June 22, 2007!
DSC05135.JPG
I've had approx. 4-5 trims to make more even as it grew out. It's smooth sailing now because it's past my chin :smile:

Last edited:
I LOVE the sideswept bangs. So versatile. Long enough to put up in a pomp (as I call the "bubble") and to pin back. I have super dry curly hair that I blow dry straight so I use a lot of pomade on the bangs... no oily issues around here! Oh and they do look great with glasses too I think.

1) side bangs made my forehead way smaller because it looks like I have HUGE one without any type of bangs

2) try to not run your fingers through your hair and that is all I can say.

3) My side bangs are only long enough to pin to the side when it has been a while after my cut, I usually do not wear them like this, but I think it looks cute if you want longer bangs.

*do not flat iron your bangs because I think it looks bad *

Okay, I have side bangs and I want side swept bangs. I went to the haircut-placey but they said they couldnt do it. I wanted to do it at home. Can anyone tell me how or a website that could tell me how??