Questions about your SA

Zuhrah

♥ gelato addict ♥
O.G.
Jun 3, 2009
Just curious about all this business with the SA. I'm a newbie to all this. I have a soft-spoken SA who is very patient with me, and I like it that way. I really prefer her over the other SAs.

1. How much do you value your business relationship with your SA? Do you stick to one SA?

2. You walk into the store with the intent of buying. You look for your SA. She (or he) is busy helping another customer. Do you wait? Or do you call on another SA who is free to help you?

3. Now what if she/he is not around and another SA offers help. Do you accept or return some other day when your SA is there?

4. Are there perks to being loyal to your SA?

5. I know for some of you, your SAs have gone to great lengths to accommodate your requests. Have you given something to your SA in return?

1- Always. I chat with the other SAs and have quite a good relationship with a few, but I only purchase from my SA. She knows what I like/don't like, so I know she won't waste my time.

2- I wait. She acknowledges my presence and I know she will be over once she is done with her current client.

3- I'll accept the help if I'm just in to browse anyway, otherwise I ask when the next day that my SA will be working.

4- I get thank you cards, also for special occasions (birthday, etc), and a condolence card once. I've also gotten repairs at no cost and replacement locks without charge. But the best is having items put aside for me as soon as they come in; they never even hit the floor, since they are put aside for me. That's the best.

5- Christmas is my thank you time. It's the end of the year and as a thank you for the great service for the whole year, and as a Christmas present, I give my SA a bag full of goodies and I also bring something in for the rest of the SAs/Manager to share, so that no one feels left out.

I also take my SA out for lunch or coffee every now and then.

Thanks for the reply. The business relationship with the SA is really something to be nurtured, right? Especially if you are passionate about the product.

It seems that you already have a long and established business relationship with your SA. I wish someday I could be of that level with my SA :biggrin:

1. I only ever buy from my SA or the store manager who is also super nice. If neither of them are not in, I won't buy.

2. If I'm not in any rush, I wait for my SA. If she is there but is unable to help me (once she had to fix their computer system), I make sure whoever helps me knows its her sale.

3. If my SA isn't in but I decide to go in anyways to browse, I will accept someone else's help but I won't buy. It might be kind of mean to waste their time, but I just tell them I can't make up my mind. I will return when my SA is there to actually purchase.

4. My SA always gives me Perrier when I go to shop. I haven't gotten anything else yet for free (except for 2 locks). Other than that, I like how she greets me by name as soon as I walk in. She also tells me about when new items are coming in, and she is getting me a Cosmic Blossom tote, which will be hard to get.

5. I haven't given my SA anything yet, but I think when I go to get my Cosmic Blossom tote I will give her something little. I kind of feel awkward though handing her a gift, kwim?

Also, I work in the same mall as my LV store, so every once in a while I'll stop in and say hi. That goes a long way, especially in LA where people can be very rude and treat SA's like crap!

I love this thread. I'm relatively new to the "long term relationship with my SA" business as well. Always important to hear how others manage the relationship.

In my limited experience, I find that my SA goes above and beyond what others will do for me. She brings bags in so I can see them, sets things aside, is patient as I inpect the bags and shows no frustration at my attention to detail. She's amazing!

I also buy from the manager occasionally, but she's not always there. My SA is just a doll and I love working with her. It's also helpful because she's honest, knows my style and has a good sense of what I already own and might need to add. She has even talked me out of purchases!

Find someone you enjoy and stick to them. You'll enjoy the bags AND the relationship!

1. How much do you value your business relationship with your SA? Do you stick to one SA?
A: I value it. He knows I am fickle and impatient, and doesnt get "mad" at me, he (atleast pretends to!) think(s) I am just... cute-ish?

2. You walk into the store with the intent of buying. You look for your SA. She (or he) is busy helping another customer. Do you wait? Or do you call on another SA who is free to help you? If I have the time, I'd wait.

3. Now what if she/he is not around and another SA offers help. Do you accept or return some other day when your SA is there? If he was not in the store, I'd buy anyways...but I'd be a bit dissappointed....

I fel more at ease with him, with is a great perk IMO.

5. I know for some of you, your SAs have gone to great lengths to accommodate your requests. Have you given something to your SA in return?
I have been thinking about sending him flowers... but i'm a bit shy to. What if he thinks I'm a psychoweido for doing so....

I have one SA, but if he can't get me something bc its a smaller LV store, I will do a charge send or order online. He knnows that if I want something, I will get it. I value the relationship, but in the end it's about getting the merchandise I want.

2. You walk into the store with the intent of buying. You look for your SA. She (or he) is busy helping another customer. Do you wait? Or do you call on another SA who is free to help you?
The other SAs know me, so they will help me or we will chat until he is ready.

3. Now what if she/he is not around and another SA offers help. Do you accept or return some other day when your SA is there?
I will accept their help and let them know to tell him I was in.

He will hold bags for me and help me get bags, but with very limited bags, sometimes they just don't come into the store. I get invites to parties and such.

No, but I return to buy from him and I think that is the best way to say thanks.

*Yes I totally value our friendships. I have a few SA's who helps me. They know my style. They will help me find a particular bag I want.

*The other SA's who recognizes me will tell me my SA will be with me in a moment. I usually wait because we chitchat about other stuff.

*Yes I will buy from them. I asked them to make sure to tell my SA know I came by. But if it's a special order my SA will charge my cc# and pick up my purse later on.

*Friendship. We talk about other stuff other than bags. Some of them knows me when I was a teenager and now I'm telling them about my own family.

*Giftcards or candies.

1. How much do you value your business relationship with your SA? Do you stick to one SA? I do not value it but its cool to go to a store where they know you and know what you have and want and NEED

2. You walk into the store with the intent of buying. You look for your SA. She (or he) is busy helping another customer. Do you wait? Or do you call on another SA who is free to help you? I wait shoot I am relaxing and shopping take your time I can look around more.

3. Now what if she/he is not around and another SA offers help. Do you accept or return some other day when your SA is there? No I say I am waiting for D.

4. Are there perks to being loyal to your SA? Well she will give you extra boxes etc or give you money off on repairs hold things for you ask you to go to events offer you to buy certain things and send you vip present.

5. I know for some of you, your SAs have gone to great lengths to accommodate your requests. Have you given something to your SA in return? No they are in sales and that is their job but I do and will refer people to her.

Thank you ladies for your replies! I see varying opinions here, but it's all good!

I wonder how the male SAs handle our inherent fickle mindedness :biggrin:

1. I value it greatly, she's really sweet and whenever we're both in the store at the same time, and i'm just browsing, she'll greet me and offer to show me every single bag i've ever considered, especially tempting me with the mc speedy that i desperately want lol

2. Once she was busy, so I browsed while waiting for her, she remembered what I was there to pick up and i managed to finish the entire transaction within 5 mins of her finishing with the other customer.

3. For now, i'm not buying anymore for a while, but when I do, i'll make sure it's from her. Why? I don't know, maybe she's too nice :P

4. The get a sense of what you like and what you don't, there's also the potential VIC status although tht's not that important for me since i'll never be able to spend that much. Poor student and all.

5. I'm not THAT close with her yet, but when I am, probably get her smthing for her bday? And whenever my friends are ready for the LV plunge, I know who they're gonna see :P

1. How much do you value your business relationship with your SA? Do you stick to one SA? I have 2 SAs with whom I work; one in my LV boutique and one at the LV at Neiman Marcus. I'm very good friends with both of them.

2. You walk into the store with the intent of buying. You look for your SA. She (or he) is busy helping another customer. Do you wait? Or do you call on another SA who is free to help you? I'm well-known by the other SAs, and the District Manager, too, so if my SAs aren't available, the others will take care of me...

3. Now what if she/he is not around and another SA offers help. Do you accept or return some other day when your SA is there? Yes.

4. Are there perks to being loyal to your SA? I like the level of service that I receive, like seeing items before they hit the shelves, or invites to parties, etc. However, despite the amount of $$ that I've spent over the years, I've never received a VIC gift. Handing them out appears to be subjective.

5. I know for some of you, your SAs have gone to great lengths to accommodate your requests. Have you given something to your SA in return? I did offer a gift to my SAs once, and they both declined.

Great post. Always wondered what other TPFers did.

1. A lot. She knows what I like & dislike.

2. I'd wait for her until she was available

3. I go back a day when she is working.

4. Yes. She knows what I like/dislike. Gives me a heads up on things that will be released soon that I might like. Free repairs, cards, and an invite to a party.

5. No, didn't think they would be allowed to accept gifts.