Questions about Williamsburg,IA outlet

ashynichole

Feb 12, 2009
I know this is advance planning, BUT my MIL is planning to take me on a mini "roadtrip" for my birthday(in September) to a coach outlet. I plan on spending a lot of money when I go, I've started a "savings account" already & i'll also have birthday money! The Williamsburg,IA outlet is 3hrs 45minutes away, from my understanding any other outlets are 5+ hours. I searched these forums for info about the Williamsburg outlet and I found many posts from 2-3 years ago in which forum members said the outlets had rude SA's who saved the FP Deletes in the back for themselves and lied about having a product(over the phone). Also I saw many posts saying that the Williamsburg outlet does not get many FP deletes. I also saw a couple posts saying they don't carry as many accessories as other outlets. So is it worth the trip? Or should we drive the extra 2 hours and go somewhere else? Suggestions for other outlets that we can make the round trip in a day are appreciated (we live near Omaha,NE so anything 3-5hrs from there is okay)

Also are the outlets typically busier on weekends? What is the best day to go to the outlets? Which day do they put new stuff out? We were planning to go on a weekend but she is retired & I can take a day off during the week if need be, it is for my birthday afterall!

Last edited:
ashynichole said:
I know this is advance planning, BUT my MIL is planning to take me on a mini "roadtrip" for my birthday(in September) to a coach outlet. I plan on spending a lot of money when I go, I've started a "savings account" already & i'll also have birthday money! The Williamsburg,IA outlet is 3hrs 45minutes away, from my understanding any other outlets are 5+ hours. I searched these forums for info about the Williamsburg outlet and I found many posts from 2-3 years ago in which forum members said the outlets had rude SA's who saved the FP Deletes in the back for themselves and lied about having a product(over the phone). Also I saw many posts saying that the Williamsburg outlet does not get many FP deletes. I also saw a couple posts saying they don't carry as many accessories as other outlets. So is it worth the trip? Or should we drive the extra 2 hours and go somewhere else? Suggestions for other outlets that we can make the round trip in a day are appreciated (we live near Omaha,NE so anything 3-5hrs from there is okay)

Also are the outlets typically busier on weekends? What is the best day to go to the outlets? Which day do they put new stuff out? We were planning to go on a weekend but she is retired & I can take a day off during the week if need be, it is for my birthday afterall!

The Williamsburg outlet isn't great. It's about 70 miles from my house and I go about every few months. The last time I went (2 weeks ago) they had more deletes than I had seen in awhile. But I still came home with nothing. They have a great selection of MFFs, if that is what you are looking for.

I think it's probably too soon to decide what it will be like in September 2013. There are a lot of rumors about changes coming to all the outlets.

Where are you from? There may be better options for you depending on your location.

Yeah I know that September is quite a ways away, I just like to plan ahead and if we're traveling further than 3hrs 45mins than we need to plan accordingly, ya know?

I am from Missouri Valley, IA, which is 30 miles north of Omaha,NE, we will be departing from Omaha,NE which is where my MIL lives.

I know the Branson,MO outlets are about 5-6 hours away, would they be any better?

ashynichole said:

I go to the Williamsburg outlet every few months and most of the SAs I've dealt with are nice. The SA from today as great and I know I've worked with her before. I think he name was Deanna. Anyway, today had the most FP deletes that I had seen. I've only been to 1 other outlet so I'm not a very good judge. I think it would be worth a stop. Weekdays are typically better than weekends.

hawkeyeredsox said:
I go to the Williamsburg outlet every few months and most of the SAs I've dealt with are nice. The SA from today as great and I know I've worked with her before. I think he name was Deanna. Anyway, today had the most FP deletes that I had seen. I've only been to 1 other outlet so I'm not a very good judge. I think it would be worth a stop. Weekdays are typically better than weekends.

What deletes did they have today??!!

Halloweenmommy said:
What deletes did they have today??!!

Probably the same ones you had seen....I saw 2 magenta Juliettes, a couple metallic Isabelles, a white leather sophia, a black patent Lindsey, a brown diagonal Lindsey (I bought one, its beautiful)....that's all I can remember right now, there might have been some wallets that were FP.