Questions about the Saint-Leger

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello everyone! I'm thinking about purchasing the Saint-Leger, but I have a few questions that I'm hoping y'all can help me answer.

1. Will this bag fit a 5-subject notebook, 1 1.5 inch binder and a 13 in Macbook?
    2. Is there a way to make this a shoulder bag?

Thanks everyone!

2. The approximate measurements of the Saint Leger are 13”h x 12.5”w x 6”d.
    Goyard sells two different straps: a luggage strap and the Saigon strap. However, the Saint Leger only allows for a separate strap to be connected at the handle. Personally, I think the wider base of the Saint Leger would make it ergonomically unfriendly as a shoulder bag. Have you considered the Alpin Backpack, which is slightly taller but has rings on the sides?

3. Ive had the grey saint leger. You can fit in the five subject notebook and binder for sure. I’m confident your MacBook will fit into it as well, but in all honesty, I don’t put too much weight inside mine. I’m too afraid that the bottom stitches for where the straps are held down might rip the canvas.
    it’s very nice and light weight, not like the Saint Louis type of canvas, a bit thicker but not sure if will last with heavy weight daily. I usually carry a DSLR and a bottle of water along with my keys and wallet, not too much.
    Also, the way you close the bag is by two buttons, really good ones, but even then I think if the bag is too heavy it runs the risk of the bag opening up due to the items moving around too much when you move about.

c18027 likes this.
  4. Yes, the Saint Legere could fit the notebook, binder and MacBook, however because it’s mostly unstructured the bag may collapse to one side with all the weight.

It is a tough bag overall. Inside it’s fully lined, there is a base, and the buttons snap very tightly for security, but it’s not meant for several heavy items.

I would recommend the Voltaire to carry heavier items as a tote. However, neither would make good shoulder bags IMO.

5. Is the Voltaire big enough to fit all of those items?