Questions about the inside of Bolide

twigski

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
I recently aquired a vintage Bolide (1995) from a reputable seller. I don't doubt the authenticity but I'm wondering if any members have more knowledge about the Bolide modifications. As I compared it to my existing Bolide purchased from the Hermes boutique in the late 2000's there is one thing that it different. The vintage one has a leather piece (see pic) that covers the round metal that is connected to the outer lock latch where as on the current Bolide it is exposed. Anyone know from what year this change took place? Thank you.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 658
I have two vintage bolides, one from 1992 and the other 1995 and they both have this little piece of leather. My other bolides are brand new so can't comment for when this change occurred.

The end of the zipper is missing a zipper stopper.

There is no stopper at this end of the bolide new or vintage.

I have two vintage bolides, one from 1992 and the other 1995 and they both have this little piece of leather. My other bolides are brand new so can't comment for when this change occurred.
Thanks for the feedback I'd love to see a pic of your 92 & 95 beauty

There is no stopper at this end of the bolide new or vintage.

Thanks for the feedback I'd love to see a pic of your 92 & 95 beauty

All H zippers, even on the smallest wallets, have a zipper stopper. The zipper may differ because H changes them often, but the stopper is the same.

I have a travel Bolide from 1991, that I just had spa'd in NYC, and it looks just like yours, with the circle patch, and does not have a zipper stopper. Mine has an Eclair zipper.

All H zippers, even on the smallest wallets, have a zipper stopper. The zipper may differ because H changes them often, but the stopper is the same.
I'm sorry if I explained it in a confusing way. Yes I am aware ALL Hermes items w/a zipper have a stopper which is located at the end of the zipper. The picture taken is basically the start of the zipper not the end. The vintage has a regular stopper where as the newer ones have the H shapped stopper. Pic 1 (start of zipper) Pic 2 (End of zipper) The Ebene Bolide is the newer one.

I have a travel Bolide from 1991, that I just had spa'd in NYC, and it looks just like yours, with the circle patch, and does not have a zipper stopper. Mine has an Eclair zipper.
Thank you for your response, good to know. So the range now goes from 91-2000 :smile:

Attachments

• B1.JPG
    B1.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 287
  • B2.JPG
    B2.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 270
Last edited: