Questions about the City

forchanel

Aug 2, 2007
Hi! I'm planning on buying my first Balenciaga bag and I've pretty much set my mind on getting a black city.

But I'm a bit confused about the price! On the official Balenciaga website it has the price of $1395 but in the reference library another member posted a 'S/S 2010 Black City' with a price of $1195. Was there maybe a price increase recently?

The other question I have is that if I just walk into a Balenciaga boutique and ask for a black city.. will they know what I'm talking about? Are there different versions? I know there are ones with the giant hardware but I want the regular small hardware.

Pardon my ignorance! Thanks!:smile:

Hi, I am sure the SA will know what you are asking for, if you simply say Black City with Regular Hardware.

Just ask them what it costs: here in Oz, the City RH brand new is about AUD $2150 (USD $1970), so there be a difference price across different stores in the US as well.

The other question I have is that if I just walk into a Balenciaga boutique and ask for a black city.. will they know what I'm talking about? Are there different versions? I know there are ones with the giant hardware but I want the regular small hardware.

Pardon my ignorance! Thanks!:smile:

If you ask for a regular hardware black City, they should know what you mean :yes:

The only thing different on a City bag would be the hardware. The SA will probably ask you what type of hardware you're looking for. There is regular, covered, and giant (silver or gold). Good luck!

Oh I forgot to ask... is a black city with normal hardware readily available at all Balenciaga boutiques? I'm planning to go to the one on Melrose Avenue in LA. Does this store have a good stock of bags?