Questions about the City

forchanel

Aug 2, 2007
Hi! I'm planning on buying my first Balenciaga bag and I've pretty much set my mind on getting a black city.

But I'm a bit confused about the price! On the official Balenciaga website it has the price of $1395 but in the reference library another member posted a 'S/S 2010 Black City' with a price of $1195. Was there maybe a price increase recently?

The other question I have is that if I just walk into a Balenciaga boutique and ask for a black city.. will they know what I'm talking about? Are there different versions? I know there are ones with the giant hardware but I want the regular small hardware.

Pardon my ignorance! Thanks!:smile:

SkyBlueDay

Happy as Larry
May 10, 2009
By the Ocean
Hi, I am sure the SA will know what you are asking for, if you simply say Black City with Regular Hardware.

Just ask them what it costs: here in Oz, the City RH brand new is about AUD $2150 (USD $1970), so there be a difference price across different stores in the US as well.

Jira

balenciaga :)
O.G.
Dec 21, 2007
The other question I have is that if I just walk into a Balenciaga boutique and ask for a black city.. will they know what I'm talking about? Are there different versions? I know there are ones with the giant hardware but I want the regular small hardware.

Pardon my ignorance! Thanks!:smile:
If you ask for a regular hardware black City, they should know what you mean :yes:

forchanel

Aug 2, 2007
Oh I forgot to ask... is a black city with normal hardware readily available at all Balenciaga boutiques? I'm planning to go to the one on Melrose Avenue in LA. Does this store have a good stock of bags?

latinivy

Sep 22, 2006
It depends...sometimes they do, I've called ahead of time just to make sure. Traffic down there can sometimes be tough, that's LA !:biggrin: