Questions about Parker bags

Restore724

Hopeless 4 Handbags
Nov 4, 2008
Parker shoulder bag
I bought the Parker shoulder bag and the leather is so very, very luxurious! But I am undecided about the magnetic snap closure. All of my bags have zip closures.

Parker zip bag
Thinking about getting the Parker zip bag but it looks bulky under the arm. Does anybody have Parker zip bag and is it bulky in real life?

Parker hippie crossbody
Are these at the outlets yet?

Attachments

• 13412_a9.jpg
    13412_a9.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 13442_a9.jpg
    13442_a9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 44
  • 13511_a9.jpg
    13511_a9.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 59
The magnetic snap on any Coach bag is excellent I have bags that are very old, could be considered vintage and the magnetic snaps are as strong as ever. Alsor remember that Coach guaranties their hardware..

Parker hippie crossbody, yes these are at the outlet at a very good price.

I have seen the Hippies at the outlets but only when you ask for them from the back. Sand color one was redlined and 50% off. All the other colors were only 30% off. I saw a black, cream in leather and silver and rosegold in op art.

My parker hippie has the snap closure as well. At first I was a little leery about it, as I like my bags to be secure and I've seen how easy it is to have your wallet snatched out of an open/semi-open purse. The nice thing about this style though, is that it hugs your body and it's pretty secure. Also easy to open when you need to :smile: Love it!

I think the Parker Hippies are few and far between at the outlets. Aurora, IL is supposedly a "flagship" outlet and we've only had a few Op Art ones... no leather. Or if they were, they were snapped up immediately and are not in good supply like the Zoe's or some other style.

I too have always been strictly a zipper top bag gal since I got pick-pocketed. But the Parker Shoulder bag fits very nicely under the arm... so I'm hoping it would be very difficult to reach in and grab my wallet. As for the Hippie... it's so deep, it would be a very weird reach for someone to be able to get their arm all the way inside my bag and grab my wallet. So I'm taking a chance on the Parkers because they are just so pretty and so soffffft.

My outlet had a few op art hippies, no leather ones at all, and even the op art ones are gone now. I have a small leather hippie I bought at FP and I love it, it does have a snap closure but it doesn't open very wide and it's very secure, I think even if I turned it over nothing would fall out. I also have a Parker shoulder bag, it's not as secure but I think it will be okay because the bag stays close in, and it's so soft and comfy under the shoulder. I don't have the zip-top bag, but I tried it at the outlet and it felt really comfy, too, the leather is so soft I didn't find it bulky at all.

The newer Parker colors haven't hit the outlets yet, so maybe they'll be more hippies down the road at least in some colors. The department stores haven't had the newer colors on sale yet, either, but I hope they will soon.

I think the Parker Hippies are few and far between at the outlets. Aurora, IL is supposedly a "flagship" outlet and we've only had a few Op Art ones... no leather. Or if they were, they were snapped up immediately and are not in good supply like the Zoe's or some other style.

I too have always been strictly a zipper top bag gal since I got pick-pocketed. But the Parker Shoulder bag fits very nicely under the arm... so I'm hoping it would be very difficult to reach in and grab my wallet. As for the Hippie... it's so deep, it would be a very weird reach for someone to be able to get their arm all the way inside my bag and grab my wallet. So I'm taking a chance on the Parkers because they are just so pretty and so soffffft.

As a shoulder bag it is a little difficult to reach all the way to the bottom of the hippie. But my gramercy small wallet fits perfectly in the larger of the 3 open pockets, so I can get to it easily.

I love the leather on the Parker shoulder bag!!!

Ok, I tested the magnetic closure. I put my ziparound wallet, glasses, mints, compact powder, miniskinny and keys and then turned the bag upside down and shoke it. The magnetic closure stayed closed! Of course my mints, compact powder and keys fell out. So, I put all the loose items into the inside zip pocket and tested it again... nothing fell out and the magnetic closure stayed closed despite the weight and shaking! Wow!

I love the leather on the Parker shoulder bag!!!

Ok, I tested the magnetic closure. I put my ziparound wallet, glasses, mints, compact powder, miniskinny and keys and then turned the bag upside down and shoke it. The magnetic closure stayed closed! Of course my mints, compact powder and keys fell out. So, I put all the loose items into the inside zip pocket and tested it again... nothing fell out and the magnetic closure stayed closed despite the weight and shaking! Wow!

Cool, I haven't been brave enough to try something like that, but now I'm going to just for fun.