Questions about lv bags

Does the leather only darken because of use? Like if the bag was placed in proper storage would it remain light patina?

And, which LV bag has the best ratings for still looking good after years of use (proper care of course)?

The bag will eventually darken with use. I treat mine with appleguard, so they're lighter than they normally would be....it slows down the patina process. I think all LV's look great after years. It just depends on how you treat them.

I think the leather darkens with light. Sunlight, but also artificial light (according to my SA). If you keep it in the box as much as possible, it will take quite some time before it gains color.
If you want a maintenance free, then you should go for a damier LV: no vachetta worries.

I am not sure but I think it is the light and natural oils from your hands which darken the patina. I have one bag that I do not use often and it still has not darkened. I also notice that the leather inside my bags and under buckles is still light. I love the LV patina so I am always trying to expose them to light. All my bags have held up very well. The only bags we have found show wear are light coloured bags where there has been colour transfer from darker fabrics. My daughter totally ruined her white MC Speedy from holding it against a navy sweater while she was at a convention. Hope this helps.

you can check the reference section for the patina process

as for "THE" best bag, well you really can't say. All the mono bags are made with the same vachetta leather and canvas, just the cut is different. So there's no telling of which bag is going to outlast another since they come from the same resources. It all depends on the owner's use.

Does the leather only darken because of use? NO Like if the bag was placed in proper storage would it remain light patina?NO.. it will patina just not as fast

And, which LV bag has the best ratings for still looking good after years of use (proper care of course)?All of them.....