questions about Louis Vuitton Store

kristar

Jan 11, 2012
Hi,

I will be making my first LV purchase this coming Friday while on vacation. I've never even been in a LV store before so I'm a little nervous as I've heard that some SA's are snobby.
Anyhow, I have so much american money saved and then I was going to put the rest of my purchase on Credit card. Is this o.k? or do they only accept debit and credit.

The reason I ask this is because I was at a lu lu lemon store once and wanted to do this but said they did not accept cash. ( which I thought was very weird) but it was a pop up store.

Thanks

Hi,

I will be making my first LV purchase this coming Friday while on vacation. I've never even been in a LV store before so I'm a little nervous as I've heard that some SA's are snobby.
Anyhow, I have so much american money saved and then I was going to put the rest of my purchase on Credit card. Is this o.k? or do they only accept debit and credit.

The reason I ask this is because I was at a lu lu lemon store once and wanted to do this but said they did not accept cash. ( which I thought was very weird) but it was a pop up store.

Thanks

They take cash. If they are snobby then thats there problem. You have the cash so dont let them be mean to you. If one SA is not nice just say thanks im going to browse and get someone else to help you. All the sa in my store have always been sweet to me. Have fun!

I went in the Miami store and felt very comfortable with the SA. One of them spent a lot of time sharing with me about their selection of bags, I left without making a purchase because I was unsure and wasn't ready to part with my extra cash. Don't worry, you will be fine and good luck!

They're not ALL rude. Usually when I walk in at least one SA will smile and greet me. If not, I walk around and usually get help within 5-10 mins depending on how busy the store is at the moment. I've never had a situation where I was flat out ignored.

I have always been treated well, and I don't 'look' like I can afford LV (older woman and don't dress up to go shopping). I have paid by cash and by credit card, and I have seen people pay by a combination (split between two cards, cash and a card, etc.)

You will be fine. I have only been to two stores, and I have not had any issues. I walk in the store, tell the clerk what I need, and purchase it. If the clerks don't like me, so be it!!

Don't worry, lv takes credit cards, cash or debit cards or in Singapore we have nets too.
:P can't remember how many times I would go into LV wearing just a casual beach shorts with a simple tee and sandals, I too get service. Probably I don't really care how others look at me as long as I paid what I want to buy and that's it. ;)

I was a little nervous about going into the store for the first time. I have been twice and both times got greeted very quickly and treated great! I purchased my dream bag today:biggrin: I got the mono artsy mm. So glad a asked the store to hold one. When I called yesterday they had 5. If I had not put on hold I would not have gotten one. It was the lat one!! A lady even walked in after me and wanted one. But it was saved for me! :graucho: I just love the handle and how it hangs. So excited about my first bag! Happy birthday to me.:smile:

You won't have an issue. We've paid by comb payments before and now we always pay with cash. The only thing they do that I've seen people get offended at was have someone else count the money too. Doesn't bother me, though. I mean I am handing them well over $1000! :smile: You should be fine. All of the SAs I've encountered have always been extremely nice!

I, too, will be making my first visit to a LV store during a trip. What is the likelihood of the store not having a Mono Speedy 35 in stock? I see that someone makes reference to a store holding a bag. Is this standard practice? And if so, for how long can a bag be held? I am anxious about this only because this trip is pretty much expressly for the purpose of buying this bag -- we don't have a boutique locally.

I would call the store in check to see if they have it in stock first. My SA told me they could hold for up to 48 hours. I would hate for you to make that long drive and them not have it in stock! Good luck! You could also order off line if necessary. Its free shipping too.