Questions about Florentine Satchel

kimberleyg

Mar 1, 2012
I have never seen one in person and am thinking of buying one online. How heavy is this bag empty? Does it feel really big?
Is the leather easy to care for?
Thanks in advance for your help!

It really depends on which bag you get. Some are lighter than others. For example, the Stanwich satchel feels lighter than the regular Flo satchel. QVC has the weights of each bag they sell. I find the leather easy to care for if it's treated. Some choose not to treat their bags and still have no problems while others end up with water stained bags.

I have never seen one in person and am thinking of buying one online. How heavy is this bag empty? Does it feel really big?
Is the leather easy to care for?
Thanks in advance for your help!

I have lots of Florentine bags and each is different. It just depends on the bag and it can vary from bag to bag. For some reason, my small Flo satchel seems heavier then my larger satchels. I find them to be very easy to care for especially the ones that have a more pebbled texture both treated or non treated. I personally don't think it feels is big at all but I'm starting to like bags that are borderline on the larger size. There are videos on YouTube that show these bags. I actually have one where I show mod shots and I think YouTuber 49LDavis also has a comparison video on the small and large and also have mod shots. I hope this helps a bit.

I have the large Flo satchel, but I only carry large bags and totes which are not heavy to me, but I am sure they may be heavy to others. I have mine in Natural and it has a beautiful patina now, I bought it in 2011. I treat all my bags with Apple Guard Rain & Stain Repellent when new, before I carry them. Anytime I noticed a scratch on my bag, I just rubbed with my finger and it disappeared. If you are not able to go into a store and try them on, check out the size and dimensions on QVC like someone else suggested. I have attached a picture of my Flo! Hope this helps.

Attachments

• FLO.jpg
    FLO.jpg
    993.2 KB · Views: 299
I have the large Flo satchel, but I only carry large bags and totes which are not heavy to me, but I am sure they may be heavy to others. I have mine in Natural and it has a beautiful patina now, I bought it in 2011. I treat all my bags with Apple Guard Rain & Stain Repellent when new, before I carry them. Anytime I noticed a scratch on my bag, I just rubbed with my finger and it disappeared. If you are not able to go into a store and try them on, check out the size and dimensions on QVC like someone else suggested. I have attached a picture of my Flo! Hope this helps.

Ooooh is that a beautiful patina. I love it!!

I have the small Florentine Satchel and it is perfect. This works great since I don't really enjoy bags that are too large.
reddooneysatchelsm_zps398a15dd.jpg

Get the large if you carry more then a regular size wallet and a small make up case. You could fit more in a smaller one, but it fills up quick. I have both. Prefer the small one, cause they hold the structure of the bag better. Big FLO' satchels are a bit more smooshy and slouchy then the small one. Specially if they are large and very pebbly in texture.

I dont mind the weight so either one is fine for me.

Videos are the best way to see how they look. You will also find them on the MOD thread here. Keep in mind that on the QVC vids they usually present the smooth ones. You can also find reveal threads if you go couple of pages back on our forum and see the pictures of the texture etc.

Hope all of this helps.

I have the 13" florentine satchel in navy. It is heavier than my florentine Stanwich satchel.

Some of the leathers such as the Toledo and the Samba line are described as lighter than the florentine. I don't really care about the weight of the leather, but I think someone carrying a baby or toddler doesn't want to add any extra weight to what they already have to lift while out doing errands.

I find the smoother the leather the more the scratches show. While the florentine is described as a smoother leather, any bag I ordered came far more "pebbled" than I would have liked the leather to be. They claim they match the leather so your bag will be either smooth all over or pebbled.

This is a great basic handbag. You can find them for some pretty good prices. One thing I noticed since I ordered mine before I saw one IRL, is be aware of the smaller opening. The zipper does not extend (if I remember correctly).

I can't wait for mine to get that beutiful patina! Luv it :biggrin: