Books & Music Questions about downloading stuff to my iPod Touch

CleoCouture

no will power
May 17, 2007
Hi~
I recently got an iPod touch and I'm totally green when it comes to using these things! I understand I can buy stuff from iTunes and Sync it to the iPod, but I want to download CDs, songs and a movie I already own onto it. Is that possible? How do I do it?

I really appreciate any advice anyone has! Thank you so much!:flowers:

For the movie it will have to be in mp4 format I think. If not you can download a program to convert it for you. If the songs are already on your computer you have to open them in itunes and then they'll sync. If you hit ctrl-O when in itunes or go File -> Add files to library, then you just have to locate them in wherever they're saved.

If you want to rip a CD I think when you put the CD in and have itunes open it will show up, not positive though. Hope this helps :smile:

anything that you already have a copy of, just put it on your computer and import it into itunes. the program takes care of the rest.

Thanks~ I got the CD part and it seems to working fine!

Still a little confused about the movie part. MP4? I have a DVD. You mentioned a program to convert it? Where do find these programs? And do I just stick the DVD in and the program will do the rest? I'm pretty lame when it comes to these types of things...obviously!

Thanks so much for your help!

More than likely you won't have an MP4 converter on your PC. You'll have to DL one. Google "MP4 converter freeware" and I'm sure something will popup. If not, head over to a Mac forum. I'm sure they've discussed file import and conversions numerous times and have preferred software and tips and tricks.