Questions about chargesends.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have lots of questions about how to do a chargesend. I thought I'd just post this situation and leave it to you experts to help me figure out what I need to do.

I'm desperately wanting a large leather zoe in parchment and chocolate. The outlets within reasonable driving distance (the closest one being 2.5 hours away, in a different states) don't have them. I saw a post today that said a particular outlet does have them in both colors. So how do I go about getting one? I have some ideas but I don't know if they would be able to do any of this:

Could I call the outlet that has them (several states away), give them my credit card # and have them ship one to my house for a shipping fee?

Could I drive to the closest outlet that doesn't have the Zoes, have them contact the outlet that does have the Zoes and have them ship it to my house for an extra shipping fee?

Or would the outlet that has them need to ship them to the closest outlet? If so, would I need to drive to pay/order and then drive again to pick them up when they arrive? I could do this, but would rather not if I can avoid it, since it's kind of far away.

Would I be able to use the 20% if it's shipped either to my nearest outlet or to my house?

HELP!

2. You can call the outlet that has the bags you want and ask to to put them on hold and then you need to go to your local outlet within 48 hours and have them fax the charge send paperwork with your credit card information and shipping address ,to the other outlet. You can get the same discounts as your local outlet but you will have to pay 10.00 shipping for each item. I have done this several time and it works great! Good luck!

3. I dont think all stores do this anymore tho. Just FYI is all. It sucks for sure.

4. ^^^ If you are able to reserve the bag for a charge send (some Outlets won't do this), call your Outlet and make sure that they will help you complete transaction before you drive 2.5 hours there. (If at first you're told no, try taking to a manager too.)

Good luck. It seems like Coach has been cracking down and limiting charge sends so I hope this works out for you.

5. Thank you!

6. Hello all, i am looking for information about charge send and found this thread. My perception for charge send is that we complete transaction over the phone and get the bag shipped to us for a fee.
    But seems no for coach? It is not possible to do payment through the phone and have the outlet send the bag to home address?
    Anyone willing to help on custom purchase? I don't live in USA but i have USA address, i hate the prices on ebay now, especially for patent leather that i want so bad :sad:

7. you can't do a charge send over the phone, you have to be physically in the store to do a charge send

8. Dragoncandy, a chargesend is when you go to an outlet and pay for a bag they don't have in the store, but another outlet does. Once you pay, the store that has it ships it to the store you paid at, or sometimes they ship it to your house. But you have to actually go into the store physically to pay for it before the other store will ship.

A chargehold is the one you can do over the phone. You locate a bag you want, call and pay for it over the phone. Once you pay with a credit card, you have 2 weeks to pay for it, instead of 2 days that they'll hold without a credit card. When you go to pick it up, you have to show the card you used to buy it with, as well as your ID. Hope that helps!

9. thank you espressions and krislynne.. no chance for me to get one at outlet price then.. guess i have to wait quite a while 'til one with reasonable price pops up on ebay or bonanzle