Questions about black pinnacle leather

BrookeJ

Aug 4, 2010
For the women who have the black pinnacle laila.... how is the leather holding up? does it rub off in places? how shimmery is it? do you feel like the leather has a slight sheen to it or is it metallic looking? i keep looking at pictures and some make me feel like its just a sheen where others look like it's shimmery. I know it will look different in the sun vs. shade and all that but i just can't decide what the true color is and the closest one to me is 8 hrs. Before i make a 16 hour round trip to the outlet i want to be sure it's not super shimmery.

thanks so much for your help!! I'm in LOVE with this bag. absolute LOVE. I just wish they did the pebbled leather in this style because i really want that extra zipper pocket!!

Pinnacle black laila has a coating that gives a sheen not patent not like glow in the dark. Sparkly in the sun. Not overdone at all imo. Honestly mine is holding up like a rock. No wear on it at all. It's beautiful and comfortable- an absolute favorite for me. I would not call it metallic at all. It's basic black- kicked up a notch!:biggrin:

Excellent!!! That's exactly what I was hoping for!!! I want a great everyday bag and I think she is perfect!! I have a black baby sage and I love her but she is just too small.

I keep calling the outlet closest to me and so far no luck. I expanded my search to within 5 hours and no luck. I found a few in PA but its 8 hours from where I live. Just debating how crazy I am and if I'm willing to spend 16 hours in the car for a bag! If anyone Is looking for the Laila's the niagra falls outlet apparently has a ton and are getting a ton more. Must be nice to live close to that outlet!!! I wish I could just buy it over the phone and have it shipped which doesn't appear to be an option although I know I have read on here about people doing it. I am more convinced than ever that it's all about getting a nice person on the phone because some stores are super helpful and look and others tell me their system doesn't do that or they can only see the inventory of their store and of course my favorite "we have no idea what we have until we open the boxes and look" but yet I call the next store and she was able to tell me that a store in a completely different state would be receiving some in 2 days lol i love the consistency!!

I keep calling the outlet closest to me and so far no luck. I expanded my search to within 5 hours and no luck. I found a few in PA but its 8 hours from where I live. Just debating how crazy I am and if I'm willing to spend 16 hours in the car for a bag! If anyone Is looking for the Laila's the niagra falls outlet apparently has a ton and are getting a ton more. Must be nice to live close to that outlet!!! I wish I could just buy it over the phone and have it shipped which doesn't appear to be an option although I know I have read on here about people doing it. I am more convinced than ever that it's all about getting a nice person on the phone because some stores are super helpful and look and others tell me their system doesn't do that or they can only see the inventory of their store and of course my favorite "we have no idea what we have until we open the boxes and look" but yet I call the next store and she was able to tell me that a store in a completely different state would be receiving some in 2 days lol i love the consistency!!

which store - some stores will do a charge send

Here is the closeup of the bag with the shimmer (this was in the shade even!).

I've had mine for at least 5 months with no problems...

Attachments

• i-f2QMm8B-L.jpg
    i-f2QMm8B-L.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 417
Best of luck tracking her down!
I managed to snag one and I *lurve* my pinnacle black Laila.
She holds up fabulously, the feel of the leather is fantastic, and I get loads of complements on her.
Very clever bag, I'm really only wondering why I didn't bring her home sooner,

Great question. Just tracked one down Thursday and I'd wondered the same thing since I plan to carry it as an everyday bag, and not switch her out often to give her a break.