Questions about black pinnacle leather

Yes, I wouldn't trust this either this is obviously someone who doesn't care for their bags, it is all scratched and banged up . I don't think this is normal wear.

I don't trust anything that an eBay seller says in the description. We really do not know how long they carried it, how they treated it and what their lifestyle is. I hope some TPF'rs who use it everyday can chime in.

I agree. Just look at the scratches on the clasp. I have some Kristins that I've had for a couple years and none of them are beat up like that. Then again, I haven't carried any of them for two months straight, but still.

I've talked to two SAs who have this bag. One has black and uses it pretty regularly and carries a lot of stuff in it. She said it has held up very well, no problems with the finish. The other has fawn and hasn't had it very long, but is using it as an everyday bag.

I thought I read earlier here that the leather seemed more durable than it appears. I'd also love to hear more from tPFers about how the leather is holding up.

I don't trust anything that an eBay seller says in the description. We really do not know how long they carried it, how they treated it and what their lifestyle is. I hope some TPF'rs who use it everyday can chime in.

I agree. That black Laila looks like it's taken a helluva beating.

I've had my slate Laila for several months and use it frequently and except for the leather slouching nicely, it still looks new. I just recently purchased and started using the black Laila and no problems so far.

I agree. Just look at the scratches on the clasp. I have some Kristins that I've had for a couple years and none of them are beat up like that. Then again, I haven't carried any of them for two months straight, but still.

I've talked to two SAs who have this bag. One has black and uses it pretty regularly and carries a lot of stuff in it. She said it has held up very well, no problems with the finish. The other has fawn and hasn't had it very long, but is using it as an everyday bag.

I thought I read earlier here that the leather seemed more durable than it appears. I'd also love to hear more from tPFers about how the leather is holding up.

Hmm . Good to know. Thanks.

This line in the description made me laugh "This effect is normal and will happen once you carry it everyday" How the heck can she say that? She's just making that up to sell a bag that she obviously mistreated. :blah:

I have Laila in 4 colors and have so far only used the parchment one. I was worried the "shimmer" would rub off and the bag would become dirty looking but it hasn't at all. I haven't treated the bag with anything either. Part of the reason I purchased 4 of this bag was because it really does appear to be low maintenance and I love the style. I don't feel like I have to be extra careful with it when I'm out. I've been using it since May. Hope this helps anyone who may be having doubts. My experience has been good so far.

I have Laila in 4 colors and have so far only used the parchment one. I was worried the "shimmer" would rub off and the bag would become dirty looking but it hasn't at all. I haven't treated the bag with anything either. Part of the reason I purchased 4 of this bag was because it really does appear to be low maintenance and I love the style. I don't feel like I have to be extra careful with it when I'm out. I've been using it since May. Hope this helps anyone who may be having doubts. My experience has been good so far.

Yes, this definitely helps. Thanks!

Yes, thank you.

I saw that auction as well and it worried me cause I planned to use the exact bag as an everyday bag. But, I don't know the exact treatment it got day in and day out. I'm not rough with my everyday bags. How rough is each person's rough? Maybe it shouldn't be an everyday bag...???

An SA told me it was not an everyday bag due to the delicate nature of the leather...she called it "shimmer leather"...that was one reason I didn't purchase one...the other being the weight, because I am becoming a lightweight~:biggrin: