questions about Aigle boots

yangmiumiu

O.G.
Sep 16, 2007
just got a pair of aigle ecugyer recently and really love the way they look :smile: I can dress them up or down with jeans/leggings... But I wonder if there is an easy way to put them on and take them off since hey are pretty fitted and not that flexible to bend like SW50/50. Also are you supposed to wear socks with them? mine are pretty tight so how do you keep them clean/dry inside without socks?

I can't imagine not wearing socks with boots-unless you're talking about the type of thick fleece socks that go inside the Hunter boots that you wear in ADDITION to your socks-if that's the case than no, you wouldn't.

The easiest way I've found to get them off....stick my foot up and give a pouty look to my boyfriend until he yanks them off me :P

In reality, the best way I've found is to hold down your heel with your other foot and start yanking. It takes awhile. They are leather on the inside, so it will stretch a bit over time. I could get them on and off myself easily by the end of last year, but when I pulled them out again this winter it was a HUGE struggle to get them off!

I ride horses and I use something called a "boot jack" to take off my tall boots. You basically shove your heel in the mouth of the thing and weight down the platform part of the jack with your other foot. The jack holds your heel in place while you wiggle your foot out of the shoe. Does that make sense? Youtube "how to use a boot jack." Don't worry about scuffing up your boots - english riding boots are *extremely* expensive and this is the routine way we get them off.

You can search amazon or ebay for a really cheap plastic one (don't spend more than about $5-$10). They make more expensive ones but honestly, the $5 plastic one will do the trick.

I've never seen these boots in person- Are there leather or fabric tabs on the inside tops of the boots that look like you could hook something into them? If so, you should get "boot pulls" - you hook 'em in the tabs of your shoes to, well, pull on your boots. These are extremely cheap and you can also get these on amazon for about $3-$4. On amazon search "wooden boot pulls" - the first one that shows up is about $3.20.

I pull my riding boots of by using the step on my front door, Similar to uing a boot jack. Stick my heel underneath and pull my legs out. Deffo wear socks, These are rubber boots are they not? Otherwise you will get sweaty feet!

Who would have guessed essential riding gear would be a fashion item, Not me!

Totally unrelated to OP's post, but does anyone know anything about Aigle boots sizing? I am planning to get the Ecuyer, but am unsure about what size to get and they are final sale :sad: I'm usually a 6.5-7 in shoes (6.5 in the SW 50/50).

crazyladyxo said:
Totally unrelated to OP's post, but does anyone know anything about Aigle boots sizing? I am planning to get the Ecuyer, but am unsure about what size to get and they are final sale :sad: I'm usually a 6.5-7 in shoes (6.5 in the SW 50/50).

I would get a 37. I am a 7/7.5 and am extremely happy with my 38. They are so comfortable.

Dear all,

Thank you for your kind comments on our boots! To answer the queries on this thread:

1- Yes, socks are indispensable! If you do not use socks, you will not be able to remove your boots!

2- Our boots from the equestrian collection (including Ecuyer) run pretty much true to size. Our natural rubber wellies (not equestrian products) have the tendency of running large.

3- As indeed some ladies noted: A boot jack is the best tool to remove such boots. We will add them soon to our website. Www.AigleBoots.com

4- As for questions about sizes, products or fit, we are only one phone call away! Just call us and we'll gladly advise (972) 386-6500 or send us an e-mail [email protected]

Dear all,

Thank you for your kind comments on our boots! To answer the queries on this thread:

1- Yes, socks are indispensable! If you do not use socks, you will not be able to remove your boots!

2- Our boots from the equestrian collection (including Ecuyer) run pretty much true to size. Our natural rubber wellies (not equestrian products) have the tendency of running large.

3- As indeed some ladies noted: A boot jack is the best tool to remove such boots. We will add them soon to our website. Www.AigleBoots.com

4- As for questions about sizes, products or fit, we are only one phone call away! Just call us and we'll gladly advise (972) 386-6500 or send us an e-mail [email protected]
I bought two pairs of aigles (miss juliette S and chants belle L) on the gilt site and am now a bit stressed that they might be too fitted at the calf... I'm normally a size 7-7.5 (and have knee length pull on aquatalias in a 7 without problems- slightly loose) and thought that the 38 would be ok...that was before I noticed the size chart that stated the calf diameter is 13 and 4/7 inches...and my thickest part of my calf probably is closer to 14 inches
I then called my best friend (who lives in another city) to go measure her calf and boot (she had been raving about her Juliette aigles) and it wasn't completely accurate with the calf width listed for her size....
Now am not sure what to do... Cross my fingers and hope it's alright (shipping with take another 2-3 weeks) or try again to track down the international call centre (I've called 3 times between 2-3 pm but keep getting a "you are calling outside of business hours- we are opened from 2am to 8pm standard eastern time - Well I am in the same time zone, though! And nobody's picking up!)... The US call centre was very sympathetic and hopefully will be getting back to me soon....if only I knew where they sold them in Toronto so I could go try them out!
Any suggestions? (I hope I don't sound too crazy! :smile: )