Question????

sarahcantiik said:
I've seen a case where this seller is offering a receipt for repair in the auction to bait bidders. The bag itself, well... FAKE! :mad:
She has this sob story where when she purchase the bag, the lock/key was broken so she took it to Hermes to get it fixed. Hermes would never accept a bag if it's fake, right? So, she use this as her weapon to convince bidders that her bag is real. For all we know, it could be another bag that's been repaired, and not that the one in auction.

I rarely buy a bag that comes with a receipt, but they have been fine.So, receipt is not the key, knowing the stuff is the key imo.
I saw this one! In fact, I asked her to post more pictures especially of the zipper and she put it on her listing! The receipt to repair the lock is legit. But honestly, she could have just brought the lock in without the bag. I think the lock was shut not attached to the bag. oh well....

Thanks Jehaga! It's very disturbing when you're an honest person, to have so many dishonest people out there lurking and trying to sell you things....it was thanks to this forum that AFTER I purchased from e-bay they convinced me what I did purchase WAS legit (ideally one would check first, I realize this now!!!)

I agree that a receipt is not a definitely proof of authenticity because they could be fake easily. I have seen numerous listings on Ebay with a fake "home made" receipt that makes my blood boil :mad:

The best practice is of course to buy from reputable sellers and check with the girls here first but having said that, I am also willing to give a chance to the less prominent Ebay Hermes sellers if they provide tons and tons of detailed pictures on their listings. My way of thinking is if they are not afraid to show loads of pictures of their H items, then that means they are confident and maybe they deserve a chance then. Just my 2 cents ;)

Not only do people have fake receipts but there are also sellers who will sell boxes, bags, etc and sellers of fakes may get these in an effort to make their fake bags seem more legitimate. I know that with LV there was even a program people could buy for their computer to print up fake LV receipts. I don't know a ton about authenticating Hermes yet but when I look at an auction if the seller is more concerned with the stuff that comes with the bag than the bag, its probably not a good sign.

I also realize that sometimes there can be different receipts depending on where you are. The receipt of my bag in Hermes in my town was different from the receipt of another Hermes shop from another town.

Although I think in general the receipts are kind of similar in one country.