Question: Vernis Bedford in Framboise!

Yeah, it's a beautiful bag but not very functional at all. And I prefer the rolled handles on bag you have to carry on your forearm... if I put a lot into a Bedford the strap handles cut into my arm. That's why it is mostly for decoration in my house!

I agree with Tammy. Vernis is not anywhere near as delicate as some make it out to be. I've had lots of Vernis items including bags, wallets, and agendas and I've never gotten any scratches or color transfer on any of them.

Yeah, I have been using my light blue vernis thompson street nonstop since I got it six weeks ago. I have had no problem with color transfer and I live in humid florida! I also took it to vegas last week and it held up in the rain. I had it under my coat, so the vachetta wouldn't get wet, but the vernis got a bit wet and was still fine.

The bag is about 6 years old too (bought used off ebay) and it is still in almost perfect condition. I don't know how much the person I bought it from used it, but I have had no problems with color transfer or anything. I even keep it in my desk at work without its dustbag.

The bedford is next on my list of things to buy, so I say go for it! The framboise color is darker too, I don't think you'd have that big a problem about color transfer. I think as long as you're aware and don't set your bag down on something like wet newspaper, it'll be a great everyday bag.

i have the framboise bedford..and its my favorite bag. i had always dreamed of having a fuschia, so when frambosie came out...i could not pass it up. that being said, i still haven't used it (i got in in january when it first came out)...and yes, it is a pain in the bum to get in and out of, the leather is so rigid! but the shape is just *love*

as an everday bag i would get a papillion!

I have that exact Framboise set and have been using it as my everyday bag for the past month, and no problems at all! Except for the zipper problem lvbabydoll mentioned. The long wallet is hell to get out of the bedford. If you have fat hands, I'd suggest using a smaller wallet.

I love the Bedford too and was actually trying to find an excuse not to get it (so that I can just focus on the Houston). Reading about how big wallets may be hard to get out of it just because it's stiff/rigid, I am definitely going to focus on the Houston. Wait....I'm faltering again. I change my mind everytime I see a picture of it. The bedford is so pretty!

kathyrose said:
I love the Bedford too and was actually trying to find an excuse not to get it (so that I can just focus on the Houston). Reading about how big wallets may be hard to get out of it just because it's stiff/rigid, I am definitely going to focus on the Houston. Wait....I'm faltering again. I change my mind everytime I see a picture of it. The bedford is so pretty!
Yes it is just too pretty:love: forget the houston!Kathyrose get the bedford instead~!!!!