Question: Vernis Bedford in Framboise!

I'd say no for an everyday bag. I have a rouge bedford and dont want color transfer, like Swanky mentioned. Great bag though :biggrin: Congrats on your post count!

Not really, its a little delicate IMO for everyday.
Do you need something particularly durable? I do for everyday, I don't like to worry too much about my bag.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
Not really, its a little delicate IMO for everyday.
Do you need something particularly durable? I do for everyday, I don't like to worry too much about my bag.
Yes I want a durable everyday bag! I just think the vernis is so pretty! I saw the wallet in framboise it was too pretty for word but I just don't want to pay that much for wallet:unsure: then I fall in love with the bedford shape!

It's SO yummy isn't it!? You'll just cry if it gets scratched or your black top start to transfer onto it though. Anything else tickle your fancy?

p10261191_ph_althero_Framboise.jpg
p10261108_ph_hero.jpg
So tempting!!!

Everevereve said:
p10261191_ph_althero_Framboise.jpg
p10261108_ph_hero.jpg
So tempting!!!

Hi! Vernis is pretty, no doubt about it! There have been times when I've been tempted to buy a vernis bag as well! But I opted not to because vernis is very sensitive to colour transfer and once there's been colour transfer, it cannot be removed. It will be permanent. There is also some inevitable colour fading amongst numerous vernis colours (despite proper care), particularly among the lighter colours.

If you want an everyday bag that you will put to "everyday use", something like mono, damier, or epi, etc... would be the more practical choices.

I think the Framboise might be a "sturdier" color than some of the older ones. The baby blue faded to green, the silver turns green and the yellow is prone to color transference. In all honesty, I LOVE my fuchsia bedford but it is mostly decoration... I might carry it to a wedding or something, but never as an every day bag. ;)

Honestly, I don't think the color is the problem. I have one in Peppermint (light green) and the zipper KILLS since the whole area is very stiff. I wear rings and they always get stuck on the zipper area since it doesn't open very wide. Also, I always use my Porte Tresor wallet and it barely opens wide enough for me to pull my wallet in and out in a hurry. Anyway, I'd suggest this for an "occasional use" bag, not an every day bag. Even though I love this style, it just is too hard to get into.