Question to Azur owners about patina

missyanne

O.G.
Mar 20, 2006
Hello everyone,

for those of you who's azur has patina'd a lot, did you notice the canvas turning cream too? or is it still white? I recently noticed that my azur speedy (almost a year old) is noticeably creamier than my azur pochette wallet (few months old) and my speedy has patina'd to kind of a honey color. I'm hoping it's not just my speedy that turned cream. :s

I'll post a pic of my speedy in a little bit.

My canvas seems fine and have had it since it was first released but then again I don't use it every day. So I am probably not much help.

Please post some pictures as I would be quite curious to see...

There may be slight canvas variation; your Speedy's canvas probably didn't "obtain a patina" because that's virtually impossible unless you mean it got dirtier. There are slight variations in colour for the Damier Ebene and Monogram canvas, so I don't see why there can't be slight variations in Azur canvas. I've had my Azur pochette for over a year and the canvas colour looks exactly the same as when I first purchased it. It was never white, always cream.

There may be slight canvas variation; your Speedy's canvas probably didn't "obtain a patina" because that's virtually impossible unless you mean it got dirtier. There are slight variations in colour for the Damier Ebene and Monogram canvas, so I don't see why there can't be slight variations in Azur canvas. I've had my Azur pochette for over a year and the canvas colour looks exactly the same as when I first purchased it. It was never white, always cream.

Yeah, I now but I guess I just meant a darker cream, or maybe the canvas is just darker because it's dirty? I don't know, but here are some pics.

x136vh0.jpg

x137ua1.jpg

x139ds6.jpg

Wow that is a pretty noticeable difference! I completely understand your concern...

I bought a French Purse in Azur a few years ago and I recently purchased the mini pochette...I did think that there was a slight difference, but I don't remember it being as noticeable as yours. I just sent the pochette back to eLuxury because the zipper was chipping and one of the chains was starting to open up after minor usage, I'm hoping they'll repair it or replace it, so I can't compare them for you now, but I think perhaps you should bring your wallet back, if you bought it at a boutique, and bring the speedy along too. Perhaps there are different tints to each wallet? Or maybe even try another boutique...Hopefully this was just a fluke and you'll fine another wallet matches your speedy soon!

HTH! Good Luck!

Looks like canvas variation to me. At one point, I had four Damier pieces and all four pieces had different canvas variations. It's no big deal, really.

Wow! That's some difference...! Hmmm....wow - makes me think that when I go in to get my Azur Speedy 30 I'll be like "take them all out and I want to see the brightest one ya got...." :sweatdrop:

Okay, now question - do you think if you took a non-alcoholic baby wipe and cleaned off the Speedy it'd be taking off some perhaps street dirt (for lack of a better word).....? I think that they're both beautiful (the wallet and the purse) but it's always obvious when you put one up with the other. You would never know it if you held them up separately, KWIM?

I'd be curious to know if the clean-up would help a bit.....

Looks like canvas variation to me. At one point, I had four Damier pieces and all four pieces had different canvas variations. It's no big deal, really.

I agree with Karman, it looks like canvas variation to me too.

I think you should take your speedy with you to a store and see if you can find a wallet that matches a bit better, if it truly bothers you.

Good luck.