Question- Smell of my new Minilisa

bgcutiepie00

Steph
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
Ok...so I ordered a Grape Minilisa and received it. When I opened it up, I wasn't instantly greated with a nice leather smell...which I figured maybe it was because it was in its plastic bag in the warm weather, it needed airing out. But, on the chance of sounding a little nutty here....it smells like a crayon!!!

Is this normal? This is my first Tano. Any suggestions???:confused1:

My Amanda has this freaking fabulous leather smell ... I smell it every time I reach into her but ... my LRC doesn't have as strong of a leather smell. It is there but I have to practically put my face into my purse ... and while I may "like" to do that at times ... it's just weird when either the kids walk in or DH walks in and I'm inhaling .. so I refrain from doing that.

I have a few bags from a bunch of different designers that had odd smells when I first got them. I just stuck a dryer sheet in it and left it open overnight, and in the morning, the smell was mostly gone. (however, you have to like the smell of your dryer sheets for this to be worth the effort!)

Not sure if the smelly minilisa is normal though...

I think this has been mentioned somewhere in this subforum but is probably buried somewhere. I noticed that some of my bags (lawn green romantic in particular) smelled kinda plasticky when I first received them. The smell eventually went away and now all I smell is leather.

I have a few bags from a bunch of different designers that had odd smells when I first got them. I just stuck a dryer sheet in it and left it open overnight, and in the morning, the smell was mostly gone. (however, you have to like the smell of your dryer sheets for this to be worth the effort!)

Not sure if the smelly minilisa is normal though...

Haha on a mostly unrelated topic I used to have a boyfriend who kept a dryer sheet in his pocket because he loved how they smelled hahaha

My Minilisa (blueberry) smelled leathery when I got her, but I recall some discussions about other Tano purses where people thought the smell odd. The word Band-Aid comes to mind. :s I think it could be a product of the dyes used for some colors or leathers. Most agree it goes away pretty quickly.

Haha on a mostly unrelated topic I used to have a boyfriend who kept a dryer sheet in his pocket because he loved how they smelled hahaha

rkzf48.jpg

That's odd! hhaha I like the way horses smell...think anyone would get pi$$ed if I walked around w/ a pony everywhere I went? :lol:

On this note, however, dryer sheets DO repel mosquitoes. Whenever we're in mosquito season and we're going to be outside for extended periods of time I rub one on my clothes and bare arms :yes:

Cutiepie.... does it smell bad??? All my crunch bags smell amazing.... maybe a little like bandaids at first. This may sound 'smart' but I seriously want to know....what do crayon's smell like?

Cutiepie.... does it smell bad??? All my crunch bags smell amazing.... maybe a little like bandaids at first. This may sound 'smart' but I seriously want to know....what do crayon's smell like?

You want a whiff of crayons? Come to new jersey and visit my VW Beetle. I bought this car 3 years ago and it literally has reeked of crayons from the day I bought it up through the present. I've tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it but no dice. I've become immune to smelling it but it's the first thing everyone says when they get in the car. It's like if you pop the top on a brand new box of crayons and take a big whiff haha. Why is it that this thread is bringing to light all the weird things in my life?:shrugs: