Question: Sliding genioplasty + mandibles reduction + ASO (protruding mouth)

Can sliding genioplasty and mandible reduction be performed at the same time? Or is it better to do mandible reduction and then use fillers to make the chin appear fuller/non-retrieved (cheaper alternative to genioplasty)

Can sliding genioplasty and mandible reduction be performed at the same time? Or is it better to do mandible reduction and then use fillers to make the chin appear fuller/non-retrieved (cheaper alternative to genioplasty)

A less invasive surgery would be chin implant.. im gg to have implant soon, as i feel uncomfortable cutting amd moving my jaw. Plus if im not happy with my result i can just take it out.

A less invasive surgery would be chin implant.. im gg to have implant soon, as i feel uncomfortable cutting amd moving my jaw. Plus if im not happy with my result i can just take it out.

I didn't even think of that method of fixing the chin, do you think someone would be able to reduce the length of the chin and then put in an implant for making for making the final results protrude more outwards rather than receding

Is there a surgery method that you need to watch out for?

I can't think of methods you should watch out for, because everything surgical will always come with a risk, some less than others and more reversible

Sliding genioplasty would reduce the risks of implant infection and rejection compared to doing implants, but it's more invasive and can't be reversed (I might be wrong if new techniques for this exist)

I can't think of methods you should watch out for, because everything surgical will always come with a risk, some less than others and more reversible

Sliding genioplasty would reduce the risks of implant infection and rejection compared to doing implants, but it's more invasive and can't be reversed (I might be wrong if new techniques for this exist)
I guess you're right, everything surgical will be a risk; thanks
I'll have to find a good surgeon..but I'm really interested in EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

I didn't even think of that method of fixing the chin, do you think someone would be able to reduce the length of the chin and then put in an implant for making for making the final results protrude more outwards rather than receding
Are u going to reduce the length?
To my understanding is that chin implant can be shape accordingly (if ur concern is uneven chin), and to make your chin protudes more (in case u have weak chin/profile).
I guess if u need to shorten the length and make it protudes more, u have to do genioplasty.