QUESTION: returning & rebuying a FP item to an outlet and getting the outlet price

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I have been discussing this situation with other tPFers and am curious about others' experiences.

I recently bought a bag (would rather not say what one) full price from JAX. I decided it way too similar to another bag I have from the outlet already so I returned it with my receipt for full price to my outlet. I don't live anywhere near a FP store so I am glad I could do that. I have read here & have been advised by some that I could have asked to re-buy it right then & there at the outlet price. I didn't really try. I feel the outlet gals/SAs treat me pretty well & this would have made me feel kind of awkward about things.

I was discussing this with someone else and they said they are usually able to do exactly what I described and have done it before. Another person said they asked about it & were told the outlet would have to return the FP bag to JAX and they would be unable to re-buy it.

Can anyone ring in on this?

THX

Last edited:
I think there are alot of "deciding factors" as to whether this can be done or not.

I wanted to return & rebuy my Lg. patent Berry Zoe with the 20% OFF coupon and my outlet told me the bag had to stay in the store for 24 hours before I would be allowed to rebuy it! So here's what I think you'd be up against...

1. Do they have the same bag at the outlet currently?
2. Are the SA's at your outlet laid back & helpfull?
3. Would they do what they did to me and make you leave it in the store for 24 hours??

In all reality I could have just taken someone else with me to buy the bag back, but I was truly sick of playing their games. With COACH outlets everything is a craps shoot. It depends on what the rules are for a certain person on a certain day!! KWIM?!

I have returned fp purse to the outlet. I bought the Legacy Black Bridgit(sp) and hadn't cut tags feeling I was paying to much even though I loved the bag. 3-4 mos or more they hit the outlets Original Legacy in mass. I took mines in to the outlet they hadn't received theirs yet and they never did get many.

I told the manager that other outlets were getting them in, from reading here and she took it back, gave me full FP refund and tracked and charge sended me the black again along with the platinum color heck! I got two with less than the half price of the fp bag. I

Wow! she went out of her way for you!!

I have returned fp purse to the outlet. I bought the Legacy Black Bridgit(sp) and hadn't cut tags feeling I was paying to much even though I loved the bag. 3-4 mos or more they hit the outlets Original Legacy in mass. I took mines in to the outlet they hadn't received theirs yet and they never did get many.

I told the manager that other outlets were getting them in, from reading here and she took it back, gave me full FP refund and tracked and charge sended me the black again along with the platinum color heck! I got two with less than the half price of the fp bag. I

I bought the Japan Op Art wristlet and returned at the outlet. My friend and I asked if we could just rebuy it at outlet price and they said no. That made sense to me.. they didn't have the item in the outlet.

On the other hand, once I got a Madeline at the boutique as a gift. My friend bought it for FULL price... then they hit the outlets like a storm and were only 167.99. I asked if they could PA it and they said yes. So they basically returned it and I rebought it at the lower price... Then again, they had a TON of the same bag there, so it worked out for me.

i tried it once and no deal..... it was when all the leather legacy stuff hit the outlets last fall.... i had just bought the siggie version the weekend before using PCE... had to order it cuz it was actually a department store exclusive.... macy*s ended up putting theirs on clearance, too... and F&F discount... however i wanted the one that JAX had sent me that i knew hadn't been handled (i had taken the paper off the hardware!) when i took it to the outlet to return it (was more convenient that day as we were driving right by) i asked if i could rebuy it and what they factory price was... they claimed it was still full price... so i just kept the one i got at macy*s....

Well, I got a purse at FP and then found out that it hit the outlet witin a week of me getting it FP. So, I called my boutique and talked with my SA and she said as long as she can call the outlet and varify that they had it there she would do a PA for me....

I think boutique SAs are much nice then outlet SAs. They will go out of their way for you more then the outlet SAs.

If the item has not hit the outlet, there would not be an outlet price.

Unless it was there as a boutique return. For items that haven't hit the outlets as a delete and someone bought it full price elsewhere, then usually the discount is like 20% or so. At my outlet, an SA said there is one customer that likes to buy off the Coach website and then will return what she doesn't like to the outlet.

If the item has not hit the outlet, there would not be an outlet price.

I don't know about that. See, I bough a bag through the boutique a few days before they were to be released. Well, I had not seen it IRL and when I received it I thought it was too small for me so I drove to the closest outlet to return it. I only had the invoice that came with it and the SA that did the order for me did not provide me with a receipt. Anyway, when I got to the outlet the manager was going to give me store credit for the OUTLET SELLING PRICE which was like 30% off what I had paid for it, mind you this bag had been just released at the boutiques the same day. So, I drove my ass back to the boutique (like an hour away) to do the return instead.