Question regarding vintage luggage

Cindi

My baby, Bellis
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
I need some help. I purchased this gorgeous piece of vintage LV luggage. On the front is a circle of leather that you can use to put a monogram. I would like to do this but I have no idea where I can get it done. Anyone know what type of shop I need to go to to get this monogrammed? Do I have to send it to LV? Thanks for the help. Here is a pic of the bag.

Attachments

• Vintage LV Bag.jpg
    Vintage LV Bag.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 231
I don't think LV ever made bags with the round leather emblems on the outside. The handles look like a french company bag, but I've never seen one with the flap like that on the outside, but it may be one the French Company did back in the 80s. You could try a shoe repair place. Try posting in the authenticate this forum. There are some great people there familiar with vintage bags. They can authenticate it for you. Might want to do that first.

Thanks for the info. I will try to find a shoe repair place. I did just post this in the authentication thread but I am pretty sure it is real. The auction does say it is by The French Company made between 1970-1980. Thanks again.

As an aside, I am wondering if a comprehensive source exitis (either in print or on the Internet) of the bags and luggage manufactured by French Co.

Also, do those designs mirror what LV Paris what manufacturing and outputting, or did they both have their own lines.

(it can sometimes be so confusing!)

That's a good question. I really like the vintage pieces because you don't have the same bag as everyone else. I would love to find a book about vintage from French Co. I will have to search it our when I get the chance.

By the way, I did post in the authentication and was told it looks good. I will submit a couple of pics that were requested but I really believe this is authentic. This seller sells mostly vintage LV.

As an aside, I am wondering if a comprehensive source exitis (either in print or on the Internet) of the bags and luggage manufactured by French Co.

Also, do those designs mirror what LV Paris what manufacturing and outputting, or did they both have their own lines.

(it can sometimes be so confusing!)

I don't think LV ever made bags with the round leather emblems on the outside. The handles look like a french company bag, but I've never seen one with the flap like that on the outside, but it may be one the French Company did back in the 80s. You could try a shoe repair place. Try posting in the authenticate this forum. There are some great people there familiar with vintage bags. They can authenticate it for you. Might want to do that first.
nice