Question regarding the Trim I

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
ok so hopefully someone can clear this up for me. originally i thought this version was the first design. and also thought jackie-o's bag was a prime example. however a recent discussion w/ my SA has left me completely baffled. according to my SA, this is a JPG update! pardon my language, but wtf?:confused1:

and if that's not confusing enough, i think i saw a pic of jackie's bag on a gucci article...:Push: :shrugs:

someone puh-lease clear this up for me. for the time being, i'm going to go through the magz in my leather bin and see if i still have that gucci article. but then again, it wouldn't be the first time the editors got it wrong! :rolleyes:

p.s. i'm leaning towards the theory that my SA is mistaken. i mean why on earth would they name the original Trim II and the update Trim I? kwim? tia!

^ i know.. what's actually causing me to second-guess my SA is the naming convention of these bags. latter versions should be named with the next sequential number, not the other way around. just like MS Windows.

i also can't wait to hear what the thoughts of the other H professors!

The Trim I is the original Jackie-O bag that you see in her pictures. This is the bag without the gusset and without the zipper closure at the top of the bag.

The Trim II is the "newer" version which HAS the bottom gusset AND the zipper top.

I remember when J Kennedy was photographed with the barenia and toile Trim....I remember thinking.....what a great looking bag!

40 years ago.....

Hey, Shopmom, isn't yours just like hers?

It's also difficult (at least for me!) to tell the difference sometimes between the Gucci and the Trim, especially when photographed being held, over the shoulder and up against the body. When looking at Jackie pictures, I'm never really sure. :shrugs:

I remember when J Kennedy was photographed with the barenia and toile Trim....I remember thinking.....what a great looking bag!

40 years ago.....

Hey, Shopmom, isn't yours just like hers?

Yes....it's exactly the same and really pretty perfect for Spring/Summer.

The Trim I is the original Jackie-O bag that you see in her pictures. This is the bag without the gusset and without the zipper closure at the top of the bag.

The Trim II is the "newer" version which HAS the bottom gusset AND the zipper top.

that's what i thought! thanks for the confirmation EVERYONE! and D, your trim is definitely tdf!

Does anyone know approx. what year the Trim II was born? And, I'm assuming, the top zipper and gussets were introduced at the same time?
(Silly question, perhaps, but Hermes can be *so* quirky, I have to ask!):P