question regarding returns

Maes

O.G.
Sep 23, 2009
Hello ladies!
I've been trying to clean my closet and get rid of those bags I think I am not going to wear. I have the receipt with me but I remember I paid my my debit card (cash). However, I do not have the card anymore since my bank decided to issue a new debit card for me...
I do need the money and wouldn't like store credit because I know I will buy an Alexandra lol...so how can I do to get my money back?
Thanks

I've dealt with this before, typically if your card is already closed they won't issue you a refund back (at least thats what happened to me). You could try and see if you could get your statement to that closed card with the purchase on there and see if they would issue you a refund. Otherwise talk to your bank and find out if they can reopen it just so you could return something... it might be a lot of work, but I don't know any other way around it... G/L!

Explain to the manager that your card expired and your bank sent you a new card. They should issue the refund to your new card unless they want to be unreasonable. I'm sure that happens all the time.

thanks ladies for the quick response...
I forgot to mention that the new card does not have the same number as the closed card. I hope I am clear, the bank issue me a new card with new numbers because they told me my card was compromised so that is why they closed the card and open a new one. However, my checking acc number link to that card is still the same.

I tried to return something once and couldn't find the card that I had used. They said they would mail a check. I ended up finding the card, so I got the refund on that, but maybe they could do this if they're not willing to put it on a different card. My refund was for only about $55, so they might also have a dollar limit for this, but it's worth a try.

thanks ladies for the quick response...
I forgot to mention that the new card does not have the same number as the closed card. I hope I am clear, the bank issue me a new card with new numbers because they told me my card was compromised so that is why they closed the card and open a new one. However, my checking acc number link to that card is still the same.
I've had this same issue (I was making returns at Sawgrass). Fortunately, I keep my old debit card in my wallet up to a year so I had it with me to show the SA. She looked at it to make sure the numbers were the same as the original receipt and used my new card to process the credit. I was returning several bags so the credit was a couple hundred dollars.

I wish I had the old debit card ...sigh... I dont know if it will work in FP stores.
It's happened to me with returns at FP too. Fortunately my SA's know me really well & it was not a problem. Explain to them that it's linked to the same checking account - maybe take your statement showing the charge if possible. Worst case scenario you may get a merchandise gift card.

I have a similar situation as well where I don't have the card I used to originally purchase a bag. Does anyone know if I get a merchandise credit, if I can use it online? It is basically a gift card, or is it a paper slip?

Really I think the store manager has the discretion to refund to a different card if they "really want too". I had this happen and they did issued the refund to a different card.

I just returned a bag I did not use and placed on a credit card that I closed... I had the reciept... It was with in the year and they gave me the cash.. Now like Pzold said it is up to the Mgmnt and Staff at the store...

Thanks ladies!!!
It is good to know it can be done. Fortunately, I decided to keep that one and I'm gonna cut the tags off asap so I have no excuse to return her. I just can't seem to
part with one.