Question regarding Edith

Sep 23, 2009
Calling all Edith owners-

Does anyone know what the length of the handle drop is for the Edith with the measurements 14Wx11Hx6D? This style apparently does not come with a longer strap. I do not own an Edith yet, but I was wondering if the two handles are long enough to wear over the shoulder.

Thanks in advance! :flowers::flowers:

Yes, I'm realizing that a hands-only bag is not really for me, unfortunately. It's too bad b/c I like many of the hand-held bag styles. I even take my small Bay and squeeze it over my shoulder, even though it's more of a hand-held bag. I always feel like I need to have my hands free to do other things (carry groceries, etc.) that a longer strap, or longer handle drop, is always necessary.

madforchloe - the Edith handles are very short, but it can be done if you are petite. My guess is that if you can fit the small bay over your shoulder, you can probably fit the Edith over your shoulder (but not when wearing a coat or anything substantial). I wear my Edith over my shoulder sometimes, even though it really isn't meant to be worn that way (I just get tired of hand-carrying it or simply run out of hands :nuts:!) That being said, I wouldn't really recommend wearing it that way. I find that this is the main reason that my beloved Edith doesn't get taken out as often as she should...

madforchloe - the Edith handles are very short, but it can be done if you are petite. My guess is that if you can fit the small bay over your shoulder, you can probably fit the Edith over your shoulder (but not when wearing a coat or anything substantial). I wear my Edith over my shoulder sometimes, even though it really isn't meant to be worn that way (I just get tired of hand-carrying it or simply run out of hands :nuts:!) That being said, I wouldn't really recommend wearing it that way. I find that this is the main reason that my beloved Edith doesn't get taken out as often as she should...

Jacico-

Thank you for the great insight...:flowers:...this is what I needed to know - that it might be possible to squeeze over the shoulder. But just as you experience, I too probably would not use it as often b/c of the inconvenience of the short handle. Hmmm...was contemplating getting one, but will keep this in mind!

^^ The Large Edith will fit on the shoulder - but the Regular - TBH - even if you are petite - it will be tight - and if you are like me - it would end up annoying me trying to jam it onto my shoulder - not that I'm petite - but for me - the Regular is 'hand held', unless you find one with the long additional shoulder strap.

If you like the style, there is always the Conteen Edith, which has longer straps, I would post a pic, but my laptop with all my pics has decided not to cooperate today, you might check the reference library for a pic. It fits over the shoulder nicely.

Sorry to chime in so late... i am quite thin, but it is hard to keep the regular edith on my shoulder... it does fit, but keeps sliding down...
I seem to recall that someone said the one with the long strap was a bit uncomfy....

Laptop is working again, here's the pic of the Edith conteen. Works great over the shoulder, however, it's probably not as 'classic' as the satchel.

Attachments

• Chloe Shoes Bags 09 020.JPG
    Chloe Shoes Bags 09 020.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 87
llson,

That is such a gorgeous color on your Edith! I do like this style - especially if I can fit it on my shoulder comfortably. I had never heard of (or seen) this particular style of the Edith before. I will have to keep my eye out for one! :smile:

I think I will have to accept the fact that the classic Edith is not going to be practical for me. I can keep the small Bay on my shoulder w/o a coat, but if I can't wear a bag fairly easily on my shoulder, chances are I won't carry her.

Thank you Lescoy and mariabdc for your valuable insight and knowledge! :flowers:

madforchloe, just realized that the pic I posted doesn't show the handles very well, here's a better pic. Occasionally, I see one on E-bay -- between the wonderful Chloe leather and the dark chocolate brown, this bag always gets lots of compliments. It's a great bag that doesn't have to be 'babied'. Also, the fact that it does fit on the shoulder is a plus -- I find I carry this one more than the classic Edith. I also have a white Edith tote that is my carrying favorite -- large opening, fits on the shoulder, etc. I've contemplated selling it a few times, but can't -- like it too much.

Attachments

• Chloe Shoes Bags 09 022.JPG
    Chloe Shoes Bags 09 022.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: