Question regarding Damier Geant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's me again with another question for everyone. I went to NYC and went to 3 LV boutiques and tried on everything that looked appropriate for a guy. I like the Damier Geant Compagnon, but I have read on the LV website, on material and care that after several use a visible fraying will occur. If anyone owns a Damier Geant please let me know how the frabric is after long period of use, and/or any other info regarding Damier Geant would be helpful. THANKS:yahoo:

2. well it takes a LOT of SERIOUS SERIOUS wear and tear, use and a serious beating for it to start fraying. i dont own any, but i am pretty sure it wears way better than Gucci's jacquard, since the Geant material is "composed of ultra-strong technical fibers similar to those used in mountain-climbing ropes".

i think you should go for it. they are great and lightweight unlike the monogram comparitives (amazone, danube)! i'm saving for a terre citadin myself. :smile: however i'm not fond of the citadin pm. gross.

anyway hope the info helped!

3. Yes it was, thank you. I'm planning on getting the Campagnon in black just because I don't think that the fabric will looks good with the patina... I could be wrong also. But I do love the Damier Geant in Terre

4. I like Terre more than Black.. Hehe.

5. I have the Pionnier and I LOVE it, I am careful with all my stuff so no matter what it will last me, I just KNOW it lol

6. [​IMG]

7. I want one too, Pioneers are awesome. I think as my first LV purchase I'm thinking a NIL. Maybe a Damier Geant later on, maybe for my birthday in Nov. haha

8. I love the Black Damier Geant!

9. i've had my messager for over a year with no issues at all. the bag is made of the same material that climbers use so it's meant to be tough and last for a very long time. i never worry about it fraying or anything.

10. just an FYI, yahoo auctions is no place to go for authentic goods.. i'd say about 99.99999999% of the stuff on there is fake, and they feel that if they charge a lot for their items, people will think it's real. with that said, that backpack you're looking at is a super-fake mirror quality.

11. yeah myine does not have a zipper on the inside

12. the ones that fray are the fake ones.... and believe me, i've seen a heap of those around. some even have some sort of air bubbles between the outer supposedly D.Geant material and the lining. like they were glued together :throwup: . my Pionnier is about 3 years old now and with the exception of the vachetta darkening, the canvas itself still looks very new. not a single fuzz or snag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice