Question regarding Chanel reissue serial code

Lisa-SH

Lisa-SH
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
I got my Chanel reissue large size black & GHW yesterday, and I love its size and capacity vs. my medium Le Boy that accuqired two years ago (but I do love Le Boy very much too as it is cool and edgy). And SA was very helpful yesterday and she gave me three same reissues to make a choice so the purchase was very smooth and quick :smile:.

I notice the serial code is 19XXXXXX, so obviously it was manufactured in year 2014 ish, Shall I have concern about that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gladah
I wouldn't find it concerning at all. It is a classic style, so they are manufactured all of the time. The serial code just indicates it is older stock, but nothing concerning about it. Enjoy your bag, the reissue with aged calf GHW is stunning:heart:

Reactions: Lisa-SH
I think it just means it's been sitting in the back for a while. If you purchased from boutique there shouldn't be any concern. However if it bothers you then go back to the store and ask if they have any newer stock. However, chanel quality hasn't been the same since 2014 so you may actually be holding one of the last pieces of quality made chanel [emoji12]

Reactions: Lisa-SH