Question re NEW COLOR for HELOISE

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Has anyone seen in person the new color "Dark Khaki" in Heloise? I ask because I have seen two photos describing the same color, but they both look very different.

If anybody knows or has seen Dark Khaki, is it more of an army-green khaki, with some olive green tones to it, or is it more true beige/taupe (without green tones)?

I attach two photos, the first is from the Saks Fifth Avenue website depicting the color, the second is from Bergdorf Goodman online. The first photo depicts the color as more beige/taupe. The second photo depicts it with an army/olive green tone. Just wondering which one is more true to the color...

Any information is appreciated! :flowers:

0459425641655R_300x400.jpg

BGV0FTH_mn.jpg

2. I haven't seen it yet. But, my SA said that this will be "the" color for the heloise for the spring/summer. Hopefully, someone will let us know which one is the real color.

3. Yes, it would be nice to know what the real color is.

So far I have only seen those two online photos of the color. I prefer the color in the first photo. I am hoping that color is available in the Heloise large shoulder bag and small satchel! It appears to be a cool neutral, somewhat similar to Taupe in the Paraty.

4. I haven't seen this color IRL, but it is odd because I have both of these bags in camel/canelle and, while they are supposed to be the "same" color, there is a marked difference between the two. I thought maybe it had something to do with the leather as the leather on my hobo (#2 here) is much thinner and more "Bal-like" (for you BBag girls) than #1. I'm not sure if mine is an anomaly or what...

Hopefully somebody here can shed some light for you.

5. #5 Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Yes, I find that "same" colors vary so much in Chloe bags that it can be very frustrating at times. I have seen the Nutmeg/Muscade color in Heloise vary so much that you would swear it is two different colors. Also, sometimes the Heloise is very glossy and the leather has rich variation, other times the same bag is matte and monochromatic. That is why I always think twice before ordering Chloe bags online from a dept. store or e-tailer, or without seeing photos of the exact bag first, as you never know what "version" of a color you are going to end up with. :confused1: Usually I end up handpicking my Chloes in person, and choosing the color variation, texture and finish that I prefer. Or I ask my fantastic SA to email good photos of the bag before I buy it. :flowers:

At the same time, what I love about Chloe bags is that each is very unique and has its own individual quality - with the feel and look of its leather, the color and the finish. It just makes it more difficult to choose a bag without seeing it in person. I find this to be especially true for Paraty and Heloise, less so with other bags such as the Marlow, Paddington, or the new Marcie.

Another pet peeve I have is how last year's "Honey" color in Heloise is completely different than the Honey that came out this past season. The new Honey should have been called Marigold or Buttercup or something...it is nothing at all like the original Honey. Chloe should use new names when they introduce new colors instead of recycling the old names. :idea: Otherwise it makes it confusing for the Chloe collectors (..perhaps their best customers)!! :nogood:

And I don't think I have ever seen the camel/canelle color before...it sounds like it would be a good color!