Question RE: breakaway zippers

sanibelle

O.G.
Dec 20, 2011
So I JUST cut the tags off my Cognac Mini Tanner and moved in last night. Yes, I have had it awhile-thanks for not judging :P The one thing that is bothering me though is the breakaway zipper. I am wondering if there is a way to "lock" or "stop" the zipper at it's most open point, just before coming apart completely-so I can rezip it easier? I don't want to complain about an awesome working zipper, but it glides like butter, and wants to completely unzip every time.

First world problems, I know...

I am sure someone on here will have a creative solution! TIA

Yes, you can put a small safety pin right next to the end of the zipper. It will act as a stop. If you want a more permanent solution, you can sew across the end.

So I JUST cut the tags off my Cognac Mini Tanner and moved in last night. Yes, I have had it awhile-thanks for not judging :P The one thing that is bothering me though is the breakaway zipper. I am wondering if there is a way to "lock" or "stop" the zipper at it's most open point, just before coming apart completely-so I can rezip it easier? I don't want to complain about an awesome working zipper, but it glides like butter, and wants to completely unzip every time.

First world problems, I know...

I am sure someone on here will have a creative solution! TIA

Yes, I have done it several times with a needle and thread that matches the fabric part of the zipper. Just thread it through right before the little metal parts that let it seperate. Do it several times and then knot it and cut right close to the knot, or if you can knot it on the inside part of the zipper, which I did, no one will ever know. Let us know which method works for you,.

Interesting solution! I have the studded Saddle MT and love that the zipper glides so smoothly, but do wish it would not break away The stitching is a great idea, will have to get some brown thread and maybe give that a try. I keep the zipper open a lot on that bag, as I keep it pretty close to me when worn crossbody, but it is a slight pain to get the zipper started.