Question on vintage Jumbos

sublimekitty

Aug 7, 2009
I’m asking you gals & guys because while I understand the current bag line up, is this vintage gal a maxi or jumbo? It’s got large hardware, no burgundy lining though and two flat interior pockets one zipped. I own this bag, not looking for authentication or anything.. the hardware is 24k and HEAVY, serial number is 94-96

3A69D6B3-E6B1-4874-9F60-2D025BF8E4BE.png

15BE2ECE-8DDC-41AD-8897-5AB6DA9C726B.png

754F5211-F6A4-4F33-86B1-D72FB2D8E4CA.png

84A8455C-6E20-4059-8C4D-CEA1A62731D8.png

Measure your bag — maxi is bigger than jumbo, so a ruler should be able to tell you which model you have. According to this article, the jumbo is 30 cm wide while maxi is 34 cm. The size of the hardware really goes to how old the bag is — some vintage jumbos have larger hardware than more current ones. HTH.

It's all the same bag actually, just not the best pics sorry for the confusion

No big deal. Perhaps the second photo was added by accident, but the first and second photos are definitely different bags.

Just look at the CC leather tab. The first photo shows edged stitching. The second photo it is completely smooth.

Not trying to start a dispute, just waiting for someone to tell/show me my eyes are bad as I’m getting old I suppose.

No big deal. Perhaps the second photo was added by accident, but the first and second photos are definitely different bags.

Just look at the CC leather tab. The first photo shows edged stitching. The second photo it is completely smooth.

Not trying to start a dispute, just waiting for someone to tell/show me my eyes are bad as I’m getting old I suppose.
Sorry I think you’re right! Lol I have so many photos on this phone I’ve posted her here before, she’s old and not perfect by any means, but I’d like to find another just like her for my daughter and I'd just like to know what terms I should be placing in my search, I measured her! Definitely a jumbo but she’s got really big bright hardware

529808B8-072F-49D7-857A-FC810F634C2C.jpeg

Sorry I think you’re right! Lol I have so many photos on this phone I’ve posted her here before, she’s old and not perfect by any means, but I’d like to find another just like her for my daughter and I'd just like to know what terms I should be placing in my search, I measured her! Definitely a jumbo but she’s got really big bright hardware

View attachment 5001427

Your bag is beautiful!! I don’t think you will have a hard time finding another one to match for your daughter. What a nice sentiment. Good luck on your search for the perfect addition!!

Your bag is beautiful!! I don’t think you will have a hard time finding another one to match for your daughter. What a nice sentiment. Good luck on your search for the perfect addition!!

I think you're wrong (for one reason I now know that I underpaid for this bag) based on all of my recent education on Chanel, and I bought it from it's original owner (sorry I don't know why my whole comment didn't post this morning lol)

I'm looking on several resale websites right now am I just looking for a "single jumbo flap vintage?" and what is a reasonable price to pay for this bag? I was thinking around 4k? am I off? I know I won't find this kind of bargain again likely

I would search “chanel vintage”. I was just able to find a few on a second-hand site, although the vast majority seem to be in the maxi size with a few scattered jumbos.

The prices for vintage Chanel has gone up significantly over the past few years presumably given the frequent pricing increases at the Chanel boutique. As far as price — only you truly know how much it is worth to you as far as how much to pay.

Good luck with your search. I do think you will be able to find something — whether the price is to your liking may be a different question.

I love this bag! I have an Ivory Caviar but I’m not sure how I damaged the side of it. The quilts are completely flat but no idea how or how I can even fix it. So sad! It’s so noticeable and leather surgeons can’t fix the puffyness.

Attachments

• E319362B-B853-4442-A5D3-72CBE83EB43C.jpeg
    E319362B-B853-4442-A5D3-72CBE83EB43C.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 11