Question on Shipping (for return item not as described)

aeonat

O.G.
Dec 13, 2007
Hi, I was totally disappointed when I opened my gucci bag from ebay , there are several part of the bag with wrinke (don't know how to describe it), which was never described on the listing. The seller replied me, and saying that it is normal wear and tear.. but I told her that I have several bags with the same material.. I have never seen something like that.. but anyway, she is agreed for me to return it. However she only gives me her P.O. address..

so My questions are:

1. Can I just ship back with priority mail/shipping confirmation/insurance? Do I need to ship back with signature confirmation?
2. Should I ask her for home address? so that I can send usps with signature confirmation?
3. or would you guys recommend other service fedex or UPS?
4. Is it normal that they will refund me the shipping as well?

thanks for your help!!

Hi, I was totally disappointed when I opened my gucci bag from ebay , there are several part of the bag with wrinke (don't know how to describe it), which was never described on the listing. The seller replied me, and saying that it is normal wear and tear.. but I told her that I have several bags with the same material.. I have never seen something like that.. but anyway, she is agreed for me to return it. However she only gives me her P.O. address..

so My questions are:

1. Can I just ship back with priority mail/shipping confirmation/insurance? Do I need to ship back with signature confirmation?
2. Should I ask her for home address? so that I can send usps with signature confirmation?
3. or would you guys recommend other service fedex or UPS?
4. Is it normal that they will refund me the shipping as well?

thanks for your help!!

1. If over $250 you are required to have signature confirmation. Otherwise she can claim she never got it and you're SOL- eBay has started applying the same rules to buyers on returns as they do for sellers on this. Getting insurance is always a good idea, especially if it's a high value item. Be sure to specify signature confirmation and do not budge on this if the post office tries to tell you that a signature is required for insurance over $200- for paypal and ebay they are two very separate things.
2. You can still get signature confirmation for PO Boxes. They leave a note in your box and you have to go to the counter. IMHO, this is probably more reliable than a home address where the carrier may not get the signature or leave it somewhere.
3. USPS w/ signature should suffice. If you use UPS or FedEx then you can't ship to a PO Box without added hassle.
4. Usually shipping back to the seller is on you. You may want to clarify whether or not she's planning on refunding you the final bid amount or total price paid so there's not any surprises. However, in eBay's resolution process they would refund you the full amount if the case was found in your favor.

Last edited:
The only thing I can add to the advice already given is I think I would call PayPal and make sure I'm shipping it to the correct address, just to be on the safe side. You don't want them claiming you sent it to the wrong address.

If the total invoice, including shipping was $250 or more you need signature.

There is no rule saying that you get return shipping refunded. Honest sellers who make an honest mistake will refund you return shipping.

USPS is more convenient for most people.

You can use whatever method - parcel post or priority that you chose. If the bag is in a bog box, Priority Mail going coast to coast can be $40.

Yes, please make sure that you are shipping to a confirmed paypal address

& as suggested above if the item is over $250 sig, insurance & delivery confirmation

w/online tracking... you will be able to see when it was delivered & signed for..

and when you take your package to the post office INSIST on the above

do not let them convince you otherwise.. you need delivery, sig & insurance...