question on selling

southpaw

An Obsessed Leftie
O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
I am not really a collector of bags .. more of just a user. I buy a bag and use it for 3-6 months and then am ready for something new. So I sell that bag (on eBay) and buy a new one. Reason being, I'm not one to go back to an old bag so why let it sit never being used. I do have a few special bags of course that I've kept (more for sentimentality = special gifts).

When you're shopping on eBay do you prefer to see all items listed together or separately in case you don't want/need all of them?? Other sellers which way do you find to be better?

I've usually listed items separately with enough of a time gap so buyer can bid on both if they wish ..

Handbags IMO, should always be sold separately. Unless you have a handbag and wallet/wristlet match.

My DD's clothing, I sell in lots (a number of pieces).

I absolutely agree-I do a similar thing-A bag gets too heavy, or my taste changes-most of the time I take a small loss, or every now and then, make a small profit. Always sell them seperately. Good Luck!

Always separately. Paypal only protects $2000 max anyway, so selling a lot of designer bags is dangerous and I think no buyer in their right mind would risk it. Same for the seller. If you get 1 lousy buyer you're screwed...at least separately you're spreading out the risk...I also agree that selling a bunch of bags together screams wholesale/cheap

i think you mean like 4 different bag auctions ending at the same time vs 1 a day or 1 a week correct? not a lot of 4 bags? if you mean starting a whole bunch of auctions at the same time i think it doesn't hurt because most people will only be interested in 1 bag but if you have say 4 if they don't like 1 they can check out the others. or buy more than one and combine shipping (if you allow that). i know i have lists of favorite sellers but i never check back to see what they have. but if someone has something listed that i like i will click on their other auctions to see if there's anything else i want. kwim?

I USUALLY like buying them separately. However, the one time I bought something as a set was when I got my LV pink/pink Cherry Blossom cles and pochette. Though I have to admit, I got that set for about the price of the pochette only. Instead of it being about $500 for the pochette and $200 for the cles, I got both for around $500.