Question on scratches on hardware???

BagShoeLover

sobra
O.G.
Feb 16, 2006
Are they able to remove surface scratches? And do they have to send it out to do so?
I just found a scratch on the hardware on mine:crybaby: and I am freaking out?
Please advise?
Thanks

probably, but it may not be worth it...it will constantly re-scrach...it is part of the charm, like a patina on box calf. In europe most women prefer the slightly worn look.

Thanks for the response avadome.
This is my first birkin and just got her a few weeks ago but have used her everyday so I guess it was inevitable.
It just bothers me everytime I see it.

price to polish a H belt buckle is 85.00 usd (the nyc store told me that they have to send it to Paris but I have heard other stories from other stores). I don't know the cost for the hw on a bag. I think you should wait until it's very bad before you do it since there might be more scratches to come.

Congratulations on the birkin.
What did you get?

I got a 35 gold togo with ph. How about you?

I got a scratch on my H buckle a week after I got it. It's not a lot of money compare to the scratches I got on my car and diamond watch but it just bugged me. I know how you feel.:crybaby: When you have something new you just want to keep it in good shape as long as you can.

After a few more scratches we all learn to let go....

I personally think the scratches add some character to the bag - like I was very conscious of scratches on my wg watch when I first wore it. 3 years of wear and now it looks wonderful!