Question on Saffiano & Tessuto Tote as seen in Sunday NY Times

jillnc1001

Jan 13, 2008
Hello,

I saw an add in the New York Times Magazine 5th Anniversary Issue yesterday for the fall Prada Saffiano & Tessuto tote. From the pictures, I love the larger size of this tote and I am thinking it would be a perfect work/laptop bag. I am in NC and don't have a Prada store near me and am wondering if anyone has seen this bag. How heavy is the leather? I travel a lot so having a lightweight yet structured bag (to stay organized)is important to me. I currently have a LV Palermo GM that I carry as my work bag. Also I don't know what the combo of Saffiano & Tessuto in the name means - two kinds of leather? I am debating whether to call a store and have it shipped or whether to wait until I am in NYC in October to check it out myself.

I truly appreciate any information as I am fairly new to Prada bags - I have a nylon messenger bag from years back but haven't purchased one of their leather bags before.

Thank you!

Jill

Thanks ladies, appreciate the info! These links appear to show the smaller size of the bag but give me a good view of the nylon, which I hadn't realized was part of the bag construction. I am thinking I still need the larger size so may call the Soho store tomorrow to get the scoop - thanks!

BTW what is the deal with the price differences between NM and Saks?? Seems strange!