Question on pony hair

Thank you to everyone who answered. I feel much better about it after all of your information. As I said before, I don't have as much of an issue with cow because I eat it and beef can be found everywhere. I am of the opinion that if an animal is going to give it's life for us to eat, we should at least use the whole animal. That's why I'm ok with leather as a by-product, but not killing for skin only. To me, if an animal is killed, the main purpose should be for food, not fashion.

I totally agree, that's why I haven't bought any pony hair products so far.

Seems like I was a little bit naive to believe, it was pony skin. Thanks for the information!

Holy Cow! (No pun intended- lol)

Pony Hair shoes are made from a cow, without the hair removed.

And to,Vodkaine- wow, wow, wow. I can't believe you think it's okay to eat horsemeat, and not seals. I'm a vegan so I choose not to eat anything with a brain it ears.

Im certainly not advocating the seal hunts, but why is killing one animal over another okay? Just because we eat one? (I'm not sure where you live, but eating a horse is DISGUSTING.)

Jik you didn't know- horses that are used for meat are either killed with bullet to the head, other they are stabbed in the back multiple times until paralyzed (yet, still conscious) then disenmembered and skinned alive.

Cows that are used for our fancy shoes and purses are also often skinned & dismembered alive because no one cares enough to properly slit their throught before being brought to the skinning process.

"In India, a PETA investigation found that workers break cows' tails and rub chili peppers and tobacco into their eyes in order to force them to get up and walk after they collapse from exhaustion on the way to the slaughterhouse." (PETA website)

I used to try and justify wearing leather because it was a byproduct too- but come on?!!

Now I *try* to choose compassion over fashion, and im still just as fly ;)