Question on Palermo PM shape

ateganda29

Jun 25, 2008
hello everyone! i recently purchased a palermo pm and i'm just so happy to be able to get this piece despite the shortage of merchandise that's going right now. quick question for all of you palermo pm owners: did your palermo pm lean a bit towards one side when you first got it? if so, does it still sit like that? i don't have a photo of my own to show what i'm trying to picture but i borrowed peace43's photo, a fellow palermo pm owner, because that's how mine looks like. if you're looking from the side (like how the photo is), you will notice that the left side (back of the bag) bunches out more than the right side (front of the bag) thus making it back heavy and leaning towards the back. does anyone else have that? is that normal with palermo pms? or will it be just like that in the beginning and once broken in it will even out? would like to get your thoughts on this. thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 234
I have a Palermo PM and haven't noticed anything like that. Have you tried using a base shaper? I'm using one and it helps maintain the shape of the purse especially if you put a lot stuff in it. I hope this helps.

Hmm I just checked mine (very new as in carried it 2 days) it's empty and ever so slightly leans to one side similar to the pic above. I didn't notice anything when I was carrying it though and am not worried about it.

thanks ladies for your replies. i just wasn't sure if that's really how the palermo is shaped in the beginning where the leather and canvas are still a bit stiff since they're new and will soften in time and be less noticeable or become symmetrical altogether. i wasn't able to compare with other palermo pms in the store because that was the only one available at that store and all other LV boutiques and dept stores that has lv (neiman, bloomies, saks) in the area.

Mine looks like it leans a tiny bit....my BH leans way more. These are both empty in the photo.
IMG_0040.jpg

yours doesn't look so bad, camommyof3. although it leans a tiny bit on one side, you'll see the part where it tapers out on both sides are somewhat symmetrical on yours. mine looks a lot like the one on the pic where the left bulges out more than the one on the right. the SA said it's because of the creases which will go away eventually. i got my purse the day their shipment arrived and just been taken out of the box a couple of hours earlier. so i'm hoping that in due time, the creases will go away and/or the canvas and leather will soften to make it look more symmetrical. i tried pulling the side where it slouches more to straighten it out a bit and it stands straight temporarily, until the creases set in again. how old is your palermo? do you notice of the leather/canvas are getting softer in time?

I've had my Palermo for a couple of years but I really do not use it often so it's still very new looking and feeling. I do notice that when it's sitting on the shelf empty, it wants to lean over and so I have to keep it stuffed when stored. It's very top heavy.

yours doesn't look so bad, camommyof3. although it leans a tiny bit on one side, you'll see the part where it tapers out on both sides are somewhat symmetrical on yours. mine looks a lot like the one on the pic where the left bulges out more than the one on the right. the SA said it's because of the creases which will go away eventually. i got my purse the day their shipment arrived and just been taken out of the box a couple of hours earlier. so i'm hoping that in due time, the creases will go away and/or the canvas and leather will soften to make it look more symmetrical. i tried pulling the side where it slouches more to straighten it out a bit and it stands straight temporarily, until the creases set in again. how old is your palermo? do you notice of the leather/canvas are getting softer in time?

I've had mine for 18 months and yes, it seems to lean to one side a bit. First I thought it was because I had carried it on my shoulder from the long strap, and that would have made the other side wear a bit more (i.e. the side that rubs against my body). Nonetheless, the slight leaning doesn't bother me the slightest, I'm still in love with my Palermo PM!

Mine leans when the pockets on one side have more/heavier items than the pockets on the other side. It doesn't lean much and when nothing's in the pockets/bag empty it doesn't lean. It's a soft pliable bag so it's shape is affected by how you fill it up.

thanks ladies for your responses! i used my palermo pm this weekend and like what baglady14 mentioned above, it depends on how you fill up the bag. i noticed that the lean went away when i had stuff inside the purse. and when i took out all my stuff last night to transfer to my work purse, it held its shape and the lean is not there anymore, or just so ever so slightly! yay! i think it was really from the creases from when the bag was shipped from the warehouse -- i got it the day it was delivered to LV so the creases were still very apparent.

thanks again ladies for your thoughts. appreciate the input!