Question on new Classic Flap

ibiza

O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
Hello ladies,

I have a bit of question as I received my "tomato-ketchup-red"(yes, the colour reminds me of tomato ketchup!) classic flap bag today..
The last classic flap I bought was 2 years ago so I am just wondering if Chanel made a bit of new changes since then(?)
As I noticed that the interlocking CC logo closure on this new bag is plain. Wherelse for my 2 other classic flap bag, there was something embossed on the CC. (Pics attached)

The care booklet is also "simpler" and comes in a cream coloured smaller envelope, unlike my 2 other bags which comes in a black envelope with 3 booklets. Of which the one in French was in a coloured printing and the Japanese and english each in a transparent-like paper.

I just want to add that I have no question on the authenticity as the bag was purchased from Chanel boutique itself (I had it ordered from a Chanel boutique in the US, though).
Same goes for my 2 older bags which were purchased in-person from the Chanel boutique in London.
Well, basicly I'm just asking to know if this is normal with the newer classic flap bags and at the same time to update my Chanel knowledge.:smile:

What next is just an opinion/finding which I just would like to share..
Well, I can't help but noticed right away the moment I took the new bag out from the box, that it seems lighter!
So I brought out my 2 other bags to compare their weight. And true enough, I can really feel the difference.
Okay, what followed next might sound overboard but I am always like that - I always need to confirm my curiosity! :P Errr well, I weight the bags on my kitchen digital scale LOL:biggrin:
Note: All bags are the same size. Large(also known as M) size caviar with gold hardwares.
Red (new bag): 550g
Black (bought in July 2007): 634g
Beige (bought in Dec 2006): 588g

...But apart from the weight, I honestly cannot see any difference (quality, look, smell..) at all with the bag.
Though personally, I still prefers the feel(weight) of my 2 older bags as it somehow make them feel more "durable"(just my personal opinion).

Attachments

• CC interlocking closure-.jpg
    CC interlocking closure-.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 123
  • CC interlocking closure_older bag.jpg
    CC interlocking closure_older bag.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 114
  • CC interlocking closure_older bag1.jpg
    CC interlocking closure_older bag1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 106
  • new care booklet.jpg
    new care booklet.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 83
  • previous care booklet.jpg
    previous care booklet.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 72
And how can I end this without introducing the new addition to my classic flap family!:graucho:

Attachments

• Red without flash.jpg
    Red without flash.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Red with flash.jpg
    Red with flash.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 133
I don't know about the weight change, but the CC's started comming in earlier this year without the hallmarks. No one is quite sure why. The booklets started comming with the beige envelopes a little while back as well.

Congrats on your beautiful Red flap! :smile:

I don't know about the weight change, but the CC's started comming in earlier this year without the hallmarks. No one is quite sure why. The booklets started comming with the beige envelopes a little while back as well.

Congrats on your beautiful Red flap! :smile:

Thanks lallybelle for confirming on the changes.:smile:
The last Chanel bag I purchased was in 2007 so I'm a bit outdated! :biggrin:

Thanks everyone!
But unfortunately, I am trying to get this bag return for an exchange.
(Ref. my other post: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/time-stop-being-denial-need-some-comforting-now-492950.html)

I'm still awaiting a reply from the SA. So for now, I can't enjoy the bag yet. :sad:

Btw, burberryprncess.. I actually did try to look up on the Chanel reference section but couldn't find anything being discussed on the 'new' changes.. So probably I was searching at the wrong place..or I simply missed it? :huh: