question on my new azur speedy. help!!

a4alice

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
i just purchased an azur speedy 25 yesterday from HR on bloor.. because i was in a hurry i just took whatever the SA took out and left. so here is my problem. the speedy seems to be in new condition.. BUT i realized that the zipper pull (u know that piece of leather that's attached to the zipper) and the two pieces of leather (where it says made in France) that are attached to each side of the speedy have a different colour than the speedy handle... the handle vachetta is pretty pale whereas the other pieces are kind of pinkish.. i was wondering if my speedy had been a display piece because when i went to the same store a week ago i saw 2 azur speedies on display and yesterday they replaced it with another bag. for you vachetta speedy owners out there is this normal?? is the handle paler than the pull?? i will try to post a picture. TIA!

Try not to let it bother you too much. It will even out. Of course, exchange it if you want, but you don't want to get a reputation at LV for returning a lot. I remember reading somewhere on tPF that they keep lists of clients who do that.

but do you guys think it once was a display piece? i mean it will be stored under my bed for a good 4 months before i use it next time (i'm not bringing it to china and hk) so i want the vachetta to be as pale as possible.

oh they also let me sign this card cuz i'm a new customer there and they said i have a 2 year warranty.. does that mean if there's something wrong with my speedy within 2 years i could bring it back and get it fixed free of charge? if not, what's the warranty all about?

no I do not think it was because the handles would be the first to change if it was. People handle the bag by the handles first so I am sure that they would have changed too if it was handled by a lot of people. And if it was out all the pieces were exposed the same to the light.

Never heard of this warranty! As for the Speedy vachetta handles, thats not happened with me..I dont even recall seeing a diffrence! Anyways, if its bothering you go for an exchange if not it would even out later.

They should be the same almost white color. It sounds like the SA may have removed the plastic on the handles (they are stored with plastic on the handles only when leaving the factory) and perhaps the other leather parts got a tiny amount of color from the air alone. Usually your handles darken quicker than the remaining leather parts because of having to hand carry the bag. You can exchange it if you wish and if it bothers you which it sounds like it does. You want to be happy with the bag. Can you load photos so we can see the difference?

It should, if completely new, be all the same paleness. My Speedy has patina-ed over the last 3 years, but the zipper pull and leaves have turned darker than the handles or the vachetta that attaches them to the bag. Return it if you are not happy.

DEF TAKE IT BACK...I was there this past weekend also and looked at all the Azurs - they ALL had marks, black marks on the handles, looked like displays..etc. So I had to walk away and buy it at another LV. Return it! :smile:

i went there today and looked at these other 2 speedies and their patina on the handle was even WORSE than mine... so in the end i just took mine back.. the SA (for those of you who are familiar with HR on bloor, the pregnant asian woman) didn't look happy and told me all of them are the same blah blah blah.. sigh*i should have bought it at the bloor boutique then.. if i knew it all along.. i'm just trying soo hard to keep the leather as pale as possible...