Question on Madison Tote

bagladykym

O.G.
Sep 13, 2009
i just exchanged Safiano cross body tote for a Madison E/W tote. She was boxed up in the back for me so I didn't get a chance to inspect her before inleft. I just got home, excited to cut the tag & move in when I notice two things that have me very sad. First are the indents on both sides of the bag from the handles. Grrrrr. Secod is that this bag is a slouchy, puddley mess. The totes in the botique all stood up nicely on their own (as does my patent ultramarine). This one falls down like drunk plastic wrap.

While I will be returning her this week, I'm wondering if anyone who has a new Madison tote has experienced this puddling?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
I'm assuming the puddling is the type of soft leather. In stores the bags are stuffed so they appear more structured.
My Madison tote does the same. I put my jumbo ptg in mine some times when I want a more structured look.

Thanks - me too. I was so excited to add black violet to my collection. Thought I was done visiting Coach for a while. Hopefully once this one is returned for one without the handle marks, I can stop obsessig over purple.

main issue with this bag... from the first gen to this one .. the leather is so soft it puddles, the patent will stand on its own. I suggest a ptg...and keep it zipped.
As for the dents they will come out with use.

The dents will come out. This leather is soft like Phoebe so she is a more slouchy tote. I really love this tote. In the store they are stuffed so they can be viewed in all their glory.

In your picture the 'dents' were hardly noticeable. I understand what its like to be bothered by something, but I really am guessing they will wear out with a little time.

It's a beautiful bag and I love the purple color that is Black Violet!

Thanks - me too. I was so excited to add black violet to my collection. Thought I was done visiting Coach for a while. Hopefully once this one is returned for one without the handle marks, I can stop obsessig over purple.

Your welcome!! I love my tote. It does slouch, but it doesn't bother me.:smile: I agree that the dents will go away on there own. It's a gorgeous tote!

That bag is so gorgeous ( and I adore the purple!)- I definitely know what I am getting with my PCE now! Thanks!!!!
I agree with the other posters- stuff it and the dents will come out!

OK, I'll try a purse-to-go for the slouchyness. I really do love the bag, especially the colour. Do you think the marks can be worked out by hand? They didn't show very well in the photo, but one side is pretty visible.

I saw the N/S for the first time in person today and I was shocked at how soft it was. I love soft and slouchy, but the N/S is so tall I have to think it would get in its own way when trying to get stuff out of it.