Question on Jumbo Classic Black Caviar

AnnC

O.G.
Aug 27, 2009
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have a question. I just received my shippment from Saks in Beverly Hills today. I'm wondering if I got a bag that has been returned. There are two reason why. First, I normally buy my Chanel handbags from Nordstrom and it comes with two tags; one tag with product info and price, and one with just a style number. The one I received today did not come with the tag with a style number. I've never ordered Chanel from Saks before so I'm not sure if style number tag is just an inventory thing from Nordstrom. Second, the hardware does not have the plastic films that protects it from scratching. It really bothers me not to get a brand new one for the price of the bag so I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this.

Often times Chanels purchased inside dept stores do not have the tags included, there are no plastic on the hardware, & the box does not match the handbag. They are notorious for this. This does not necessarily mean that the bag was a return. You should inspect the actual condition of the bag & to see if it meets your standards. If it bothers you, you should exchange for another bag to your satisfaction. You should always be 100% happy with your bag.

I purchased a PST from a Chanel boutique a few weeks ago, and when I got home, I not only discovered that the outer box is taped becaused it's broken, but there wasn't any authenticity card inside!!! I went there the next day and they let me exchanged for another bag. I think it was obviously a return but I couldn't believe they didn't check for the authenticity card when it was returned. It might not be just a problem in dept stores.

Thanks everyone for your input. I did inspect the bag and it looks brand new ~ no scratches or anything. I was skeptical because all my Chanel handbags from Nordstrom came with a style# tag. It had been almost two years since I bought my a Chanel prior to the Jumbo Flap and I couldn't remember if it had the plastic on the hardware or not. I recently bought a Fendi and it did so I was expecting to see it on the Jumbo Flap. Now that I know dept stores don't include all tags and there are no plastics on the hardware it makes me feel better that I did not get a return. I will probably keep the bag :smile:.

I purchased from Paris before and the box was also quite bend when it was shipped to me, however the bag inside was wrapped really nice. The hardware was also not covered with plastic. but the handles were wrapped with paper like what the departmental store do. There was also no additional tags attached to the bag besides the authenticity card.