Question on Colour Transfer and Calf Leather

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Hi!

Would anyone who owns a calf leather bag in a light shade (eg sand / rosa) be able to advise on colour transfer? And for the vege tanned in camello as well?

How does calf leather hold up / require maintenance as compared to vege tanned leather?

I am torn between the mini bucket in sand (calf), rosa (calf) , or camello (vege tanned). I absolutely lovee the colour of camello (pre-patina), but I recently received my lady bag in vege tanned leather and don't like how it feels at all :/ on the other hand, I saw the mini bucket bags in calf leather and fell in love. If only they came in camello or black!! Hence, I am leaning towards the calf leather, but am worried about colour transfer.

What do you guys think?

Also, sand or rosa (if I do go for calf)?? (am supposed to be on ban island because I really don't need another bag but I saw that they're releasing new bags next week -- sigh, why do they do this to us?!)

The alternative is to go for the blu calf leather -- no worries about colour transfer there, but I'm leaning towards a light coloured bag!

Apologies for the many questions, and thank you!

2. I have had sand, camello and rosa and haven't had any colour transfer issues.
    I probably haven't carried my camello enough to comment there but so far so good. The sand I used a bit with no problems but have sold that now. My rosa I used for months as my main bag when I got it and never had a problem with transfer (I wear jeans A LOT).

I think you should go with what you love. I haven't really noticed a huge difference in the actual feel of the leathers though...

3. Thanks for the advice! Great to know that colour transfer wasn't an issue. Meanwhile I'm still torn -- have a few days to decide!

4. I have a calf rosa bucket, and I get pretty bad color transfer every time I wear ANY ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467759762.222343.jpg jeans (see pic--I'm wearing it today actually). However, I find it easy to clean with a leather cleaner, so I do that every time once i get home.